BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Vickie's Press Opening and Thank-you Party.

AD FREE BLOG


This is a long post, but we have kept you waiting, long enough!

Friday, September 14, 2018.

The block is jammed with traffic, Channel 7 News is on the spot. Teresa is interviewing the movers and shakers responsible for revitalizing the block, including the alderman.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Chelsea's aunt picked the twins and her up from school in the Malibu Jeep they brought from California. 
Chelsea: Wow, what's going on at Vickie's?
Auntie: Interviews for the opening, tonight.
Stacie:Can we stop and get in line?
Auntie(mom):Not now, we will come tomorrow. Tonight is a Private Party!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Close friends and helpers stand in line for support..and to get the first peek at the new Vickie's.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie and her interior designer Richelle arrive, driven by fiance' Ryan who's with the Chicago Urban Renewal Office.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Thanks, everyone for coming---we will be just a bit for pictures a couple of speeches and then the doors will be open.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Teresa from Channel 7: Alderman can please tell our viewers how the opening of Vickie's Vintage helps the neighborhood.

Alderman: Well, Teresa---a year ago this block was infested with crime and absentee owners. And, worse owners who didn't want our fair city to retain its neighborhood atmosphere. Thanks, to the BMR Enterprises, and Ms. Barbara Roberts, we have renewal of these historic buildings and renewed interest in the area. This improves the tax base as well as the quality of life for all. Investment in the historic, will bring a return for the future.

Teresa: Thank you, and Ms. Roberts, what does this building mean to you?
barbieoldnewgreenredo
                                                                   


Barbara M Roberts: Well, Teresa, it isn't what it means to me, but what this renovation will do for the community. We have plans for renovations on fourteen structures within this block. We've been innundated with businesses who wish to lease, and many renters wanting to rent. Vickie's is special and Vickie represents the best of entrepreneurship. This business will be a great start for revitalizing this community.


Teresa: Thank you, Ms. Roberts. I understand your niece, Lara Roberts, has been managing the project. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Teresa: Did you get all that, Ian. 
Ian: Sure, I'll move behind you now.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Richelle has been the designer responsible for all the details of the building renovation. 
Richelle: It has been very gratifying, I can't thank BMR for all their help, and the office of Urban Renewal.



barbieoldnewgreenredo


Alderman: Well, let's go in and see what all the fuss is about--I'm due at a fun raiser!


barbieoldnewgrenredo

Everyone waiting in the line is patient.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie picks up a box of flowers on the front stoop.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Alderman: All these shoes, don't take video of these, my wife will buy out the store.



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Carly: Are those from Joe? Why three I wonder?
Vickie: They are beautiful...I'm glad we have some water for them. I wish he was here. He left the corsage for me at the house, I must have missed him, again.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle, Barbara, and Lara pose for photos.



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Alderman: Congratulations, Vickie---the store looks wonderful. I hope you have enough merchandise--after our news clip airs, you will be very busy.

Vickie:Thank you for coming and all your help on clearing some of the obstacles. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: This is so exciting----Let's open the doors and let all our friends in. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The crowd is excited....this shop is right around the corner from the HFIM house.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

They had no idea, what a big deal tonight was. Getting inside took some time....!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Teresa: I understand, Zoe, you are from Canada, and have worked for Vickie since the store opened last year. 
Zoe: Yes, Vickie was a great help in giving me part-time work so I could go to school and work at a pre-school in the mornings.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Carly: It's a great place to work, and I get also work part time as a ballet instructor. Jeffrey here, works in Urban Planning. He has two buildings on this block he is involved in.

Teresa: That's amazing---I've seen some of the construction going on, I had no idea it was such a big project.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Teresa: What is your relationship to Vickie's Vintage.
Mom: I'm Ryan's mother and Richelle will be my daughter-in-law, if they ever have time enough to get married. I'm hoping the wedding boutique will remind them...they have postponed twice now.
Teresa: (Laughing) well, I guess we won't share that with our viewers. 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Upstairs on the balcony, Vickie gets a chance to speak with Barbara M R.
Vickie: Oh, do you like what we did?
Barbara: The store far surpasses, what I had dreamed it could be. Love the refurbished cabinets. I can't wait to shop. 
Vickie: Oh, thank you---we worked so hard on them. Everything has been refurbished, it's hard to imagine everything is OLD, except for pantyhose, underwear and some jewelry. All the fixtures and furnishings were REDO's.
.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: I have a few things set aside for you. Can you come by tomorrow?


Barbara: Of course, Lara has her eye on something...I can see her now. Oh, they are all coming up the stairs now.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Minutes later the upstairs Wedding Boutique  is jammed.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

And so is the downstairs. Ian gets video of the swirling crowd.



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Jessica: Look at these fabulous designer sandals!


barbieoldnewgreenredo

The clothing turntable spins constantly.
 Midge has found a dress, too.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Mom: Young man, can you put this aside for me. 
Patrick: Um, I don't work here, but I will take it back to the desk. Your Ryan's mom, right?
Mom: Sure, that's me.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Attention, Attention! On behalf of BMR Enterprises, we want to thank you all, for your part in making this endeavor possible.  Ms. Roberts has requested we all move to Tony's Seafood in fifteen minutes or so for a buffet dinner and celebration. Vickie has asked anyone wishing to purchase anything bring it to the desk and they will save it for tomorrow. 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Kevin: Belle, do you want to walk over to Tony's with me? 
Belle, sure, how have you been? I hardly ever see you at the house anymore.....(they continue talking and leave).


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Mom: Well, I say this is a lovely success. Especially the wedding department---remember that, a wedding?
Ryan: Mom, we have been kinda busy---this project has taken way more hours than you can imagine.
Richelle: I know mom, as soon as we can clear our calendars a bit. Let's go eat, I'm starved.

Everyone leaves and Vickie, locks up. 
Outside...look who pulls up after everyone is gone.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: JOE! I can't believe you came?
Joe: Honey, I only can stay a minute, I have to get out of here. I can't be caught on camera---you know...it's the job. 
Vickie: I know...but I miss you! Why three roses? 
Joe: One for every week we have been apart. Goodbye, I have to go. (He drives off) 




barbieoldnewgreenredo

(Joe looks in the rearview mirror. She's so beautiful...I hope she can wait a bit longer.)

She waves and tries to smile.

Vickie's sighing. (It's my big night...and it seems like we say good-bye a lot. Maybe too much.)  

....always continuing... ;-)




3 comments:

  1. What a collection! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my vintage dolls...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful preview celebration of Vickie's grand opening! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.