BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

New Girls on the Block!

Ad-free Blog

Good Morning, just a quick post. I'm going through my dolls trying to catalog them. Most of my dolls (over 90%) are adopted orphans, you know--coming from the scrambled piles of legs and hair on a thrift store shelf.

Occasionally, I purchase new---especially if it is a great deal.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

NEW: I've added this long and lean Nubian beauty---she is unnamed at the moment, until I come up with her back story. Her hair was left loose and swallowed her features, so I immediately pulled her hair back. When my d-in-law comes over, I will have her braid this girl up---my fingers have problems with that.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I may highlight her eyes and cheeks, as I can see she will be difficult to photograph.  I love her earrings and dress. She is Fashionista No.90 and was only $3.00. One reason I don't buy Fashionistas is because of non-articulation. So, she is an exception.
I don't think there is an articulated body out there in her skin tone, right now.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This little Harry Potter gal was part of a special promo online from Wally World. Buy one at (9.99) and get the second for free or a nominal fee. She was $9.99, I immediately freed some weird braids she had, which filled out her sparse hair. It is nicely variegated, and I loved her outfit and the shoes are cute. I know nothing about Harry Potter, (I fell asleep in two movies) so, I will wait and see what she will be named in the HFIM world. (Don't hate me because I'm not a 'Potter' fan!)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The second doll that was for 'free', I chose this 'Laurie Hernandez'. I think WW chose these dolls because their boxes were trashed. So, for an extra 2.00 I received this great articulated doll. I love her face and her hands are so expressive. She came with workout clothes, gym bag and a swimming suit. She has great scrambled curls and that 'winner' smile, and she isn't blonde.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

My 'breast cancer survivor' doll, Linda(a rescue), which was a doll with so much 'product' in her hair I couldn't remove it with 4 washings. I needed a storyline, so she got shaved because of chemo. I found this wig in a bag of mixed clothes at a thrift store right before Christmas.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

So, Linda is happy---with hair or without.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I added another Nikki doll, because of her articulation. This one has wirey hair that is variegated and different eye-makeup than my 'Carly'. I don't know if I will use her body---or rework her hair. Nikki was only $2.00 with earrings and dress, shoes...so a great adoption.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

This pretty girl is a TNT 1995 American Indian doll in perfect condition without her togs. She has the original long silky braid. She's very pretty and is a nice addition to the 'family' around here.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This little gal is a teen version...of a? Stacie. I still haven't found a reference to her. I expect she is a baby-sitter version.

Social Commentary: Around here in the NW suburbs of Chicago, the blonde dolls must number 50:1 of anything else, maybe more. I am desperately trying to add a more balanced mixture of dolls for my storylines. So, I'm seeking out aged dolls, redheads, and dolls of color, all that are articulated. Not an easy task, and still be 'rescues'.

I expect I will have to do some aging dolls, myself. Apparently Mattel's theme is "Forever 20's in Plastic" and isn't interested in baby-boomers, as we look now, LOL. 







barbieoldnewgreenredo






2 comments:

  1. Yay, so glad you did away with the Google+ as I can comment now! I've been enjoying your posts for a while and am amazed at all the fun little things you've amassed. I've just started building a DIY Barbie blog myself, it's fun! Enjoy your new dolls:)
    http://www.diybarbieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn....never had the option of removing G+ they are doing away with it---they just took it away. I think we may loose a bunch of visitors when it does go away. Thanks for visiting. I will have to check your blog out. Yes, it's crazy how quickly you can accumulate. I do have a couple of rules, I stick to. New dolll has to be articulated and on sale, old---seldom pay more than $2 for a doll, or $8 for a structure, I was getting bags of clothes for 3-5$...but that seems to have slowed a bit. I'm working on so many vintage items for rooms, I'm really a miniature lover---which is the excuse for the dolls. Thanks again for the visit.

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.