BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Thankful for Barbies at Windy City Barbie DollCollectors Club


 Ad-Free Blog

Our November meeting at our doll club's theme  was Thankful for Barbie, and I thought I would share a few photos!  We have a lot of 'boxers' or people in the club who never remove their dolls from the box, so they are 'pristine' no matter how old they are.

This one is Holiday Hostess Barbie -gold label from 2010 and she goes for a very shiny penny now in the secondary market.


This is one of the Victorian Barbie's so popular in the 90's...she is adorable and had been a special gift to the owner.


This is a Brunette #3 Barbie from 1959-60. A replacement for the owner's original Barbie as a child. She is wearing Busy Gal parts of the outfit from 1960.


Some more 'I'm Thankfuls' left an early Barbie, #3 or 4 an early Skipper and I think a a Malibu Barbie, they are wearing "Day at the Fair 1965-66"..and the Pilgrim Barbie from 1995.


This is a Birthstone Barbie for November (Topaz) and was a special gift for the owner.


A Bubble cut Barbie from the 1960's and Theatre Date #1612 I think on a repro, not sure.


Here is my Eleanor dressed as a Gramma, and a Skipper dressed in 1966 Rainy Day with Checkers...Food on the cart (from the 2022 convention) is Mattel pieces repainted and homemade pieces. The dishes are all vintage.


Another gal brought this lovely Titian is a #1, or 2 in Swinging Easy in green from 1963. The other dresses are her own creations with the same pattern.


This special doll is from 2002 and designed by Byron Lars and is called, Tatu, from the Treasures of Africa series.  she was gorgeous!


Even max lightening of these photos  didn't help here. Lovely dolls, I can't tell what or when they are, but a wonderful collection.


Finishing here with this fun post of Generations of Dreams a gorgeous doll by Mattel for the 50th anniversary of Barbie, so 2009. 
The owner loved this shoe (it's a sippy cup) and there were many more, but my photos were really bad for those. 


Anyway we were all definitely 
"I'm Thankful for my Barbie Friends"
I made the name cards for the meeting and it says it all!
That goes for all you out there, too!

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 


































6 comments:

  1. You have wonderful Barbie dolls, some of them the first time I've seen. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of these are other members dolls in the club, mine is Eleanor and Chelsea...with the food, but thank you. Sandi

      Delete
  2. That Holiday Hostess doll is amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics Sandi-Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they go for a pretty penny, and the owner keeps things pristine! Thanks, Sandi

      Delete
  3. I Love that everyone Shares their Barbies with others who have a Passion for them. I'd never seen the Barbie with the Turkey before, that one is Killer and not surprising it commands a high price now if one could even find it For Sale? My dearly departed Friend Sue was an avid Barbie collector and when she passed, her Husband put her Collection up For Sale at the Antique Mall. I completely understand why Kevin did, it was an unexpected Passing and quite Painful for him, so having her cherished objects around was probably harder than holding onto them. She had amassed some really coveted Collections of Barbie and also Dark Shadows related Memorabilia and Vintage Halloween Decor that was often OOAK, so it all Sold quickly, lots of interest when he put it in their Spaces. He finally gave up all the Spaces, so I think Collecting and Selling at an Antique Mall was more her Thing than his... I miss both of them being there, good people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some gals at our mall that sold Barbies...a lot of Barbies. That was long before I rediscovered mine from the attic, and of course I blame it all on the Grand Girl...but I've always loved mini's and at this point of life it's easier than hauling pottery or doing big-time furniture. Dark Shadows stuff is awesome and rare at this point, totally loving your Halloween stuff. I did order an entire line of reproduction stuff for Halloween when I had my shope---it all sold and I don't think I have one piece for myself. Hugs, and thanks for binging, Sandi

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.