BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Before Grand Opening....Vickie's Vintage has a few visitors...all the way back to 2018. Enjoy!

 AD-Free Blog

NOTE: I treat BMR, (my original no. 3 from 1960), the actual age she was in 1960 so now she is 76. So she dresses and acts that age, well a spry 76.)

Very early on the next day--Vickie opened the shop door early for Barbara M Roberts and her niece, Lara. Not only are they her building manager and landlady--they have become her very good friends.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie's is ready for the crowd today---if yesterday was any indication.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

BMR: Congratulations Vickie, that was quite the opening last night.

Vickie: Thank you, I think we were surprised too and dinner was delicious, many thanks to you!

BMR:Well, the store looks fabulous, especially without all those people that were here last night. I have to get some shopping in. I saw a yellow outfit, I'm interested in.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

(Last night snapshot of Richelle, BMR and Lara on the stairs. These three are responsible for the re-construction of the building.)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Auntie Barb, look what I found, I love this dress.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Zoe: There are two pair of slacks, the robe, and top here. How about this great golf skirt? Lara said you are quite the golfer.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

BMR: I love the little purse---and the skirt is perfect...not too short-you know I'm getting older and a certain amount of decorum is necessary. Yes, the whole thing...Vickie has such good taste and knows exactly what I like.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Ryan's Mom, Sandi, appears from the back room and chimes in: Oh, Miss Roberts---you always look so fabulous. You are a role model for all us women of a 'certain age.' (She giggles)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

BMR: Why thank-you. I really do try to be a role model. And, working with Vickie, Richelle, and Ryan has been a dream. 

Dealing with local regulations and acquiring historical status for this building wasn't easy and caused so many delays in construction. But, I think it is worth it!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: We love the store, it's perfect. Thanks again, Miss Roberts. And, I'm glad you found something you liked.

BMR: (Big smile) It's always great shopping at Vickie's, my Dear.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Looks like we bought out the store.... Now breakfast!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

There's will always be great shopping at 
Vickie's Vintage!

(more on Vickie's Opening day later)

CAST:

BMR-Barbie no.3 in original #943 Fancy Free '
and Pretty Changes #2598 1979-81 
purchases were :

Lara Roberts-on the stairs-original clothesBlack Label #The Barbie Look late 2015

Richelle: Playline 2015 face on a Mattel articulated body in Mattel 2103 Fashionista dress/BLT09

Zoe: 1998-99 flat foot Barbie

Sandi:'Happy Family' Grandma in clone clothes maybe...not sure.

Midge:outside--anniversary Midge with eyelashes (articulated) in this and that, purchased green dress unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.