BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Seven Days and Six Nights: Part Two-the Hut

AD-FREE BLOG


Day 1-after trekking up the huge hill to their treetop cabana on their isolated island. Vickie and Joe unpack and get cleaned up. Sitting down to enjoy some snacks provided by the resort located on the mainland.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: So after a shower and getting unpacked, are you in a better mood?

Vickie: Hmmph, um, yes, I'm just chewing. These fish tacos are nummy. Where did they come from?

Joe: It's part of the package---food is delivered in coolers each morning---all you have to do is heat it up or grill it. We won't lack for anything. They will even pick up the cooking pots and our refuse when they come.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Hmmm, Wow, no dishes. I was wondering where the dishwasher was. That uphill is a bit daunting, but I have to confess the shower in the back was divine...and from a water tower, who would have thought, the temperature was perfect. And, thanks for unpacking, I'm just bushed. 

Joe: I know I love it here, no phones, no TV, no anyone...just us and nature. We just have to remember to lock up any food, or we will be invaded by the monkeys. They seem to think we are here for their entertainment. 



barbieoldnewgreenredo
Joe: I think we have plenty of provisions, we can always catch our own fish or find fruit. You never starve in the jungle.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Seems to me, they have thought of everything, I really mostly brought swim suits. Tomorrow all I want to do is lay on the beach, please.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: I agree, we have plenty of time to explore the island and do some fun things? We have the whole island.

Vickie: Fun things? I'm not going to play survivor with you...that's for sure. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: I do love the Pirates of the Caribbean decor...old and functional...really quite a mix. What's the can for?

Joe chuckled: That's where you put your sink water from the bowl. That will be emptied by the staff tomorrow and each morning after. We can just rinse our dishes off. We keep the basic table service, but everything else gets removed, dirty. Part of Costa Rica's charm is they are entirely eco-friendly. No unnecessary waste and everything is reused. We will be refilling our water bottles from the spring which is pure. 



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: So the kitchen is really just that table? 

Joe: Yep, and the grill. 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: No coffee maker? I can't survive without coffee, Joe.

Joe: We are in the land of Costa Rican coffee, I'll make drip grind tomorrow, you will see, it's the best.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: If it's half as good as these cocktails, I'll be happy.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: Do you want some wine, or stick to the cocktails? The sandwiches are good too. I was famished.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: And isn't the view fabulous?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: I was afraid we were never going to be able to get away. I hope you aren't disappointed?
barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: The food is wonderful.  Joe, it's really perfect. I was just so hot and tired earlier. It's been a long day! And the view is amazing from up here.

Joe: I know, but we have to watch the sunset, best part of being on the Pacific side.



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: This sure is a side of you--I didn't know. My man likes sunsets!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: Especially when it is reflected in your eyes.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie(Swoon): To seven days in paradise escaping together. 

Joe: By all means, and don't forget six nights!


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Aw Joe, right on cue, the sun dips down into the ocean...ooops the lights are flickering.

Joe: Don't you think it's time for bed---since the generator is running out of power. They will bring more petrol in the morning, too.

Add captionbarbieoldnewgreenredo

Dishes get put away, clothes are tossed to the side.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Do you mind I forgot to pack a nightie?

Joe LOL: Well, I sleep commando anyway...do you mind?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: (giggle) Of course not---but I'm not going nude on the beach, no matter what you say---deserted or not.
Joe: Wait until you have been laughed at by a monkey---that really puts you in your place. There's one back by the shower that catcalls me, and then laughs...!

(to be continued)


All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.

Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

 Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 

Sharing at these Ad Free blog parties-with ads not in the middle of the blog (I'm going to try and see if this is possible)

Finding Silver Pennies Sunday
Best of the Weekend
Amaze Me Mondays

Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle
Sandi













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.