BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Seven Days and Six Nights Part One-Arrival

AD-FREE BLOG


Last Christmas, Joe's present to Vickie was tickets to Costa Rica for February.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

 His under cover work with the Chicago Police Department interfered, 
and so did the delay on Vickie's shop remodel. 
 Finally, this June they traded the tickets in for 
Seven days and six nights on their own island. 
(Seems, Joe's got connections!)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

After a long day of traveling by limo, plane, rickety bus, motorboat, they get dropped off on the beach of their own island get-away. It's been a long day.

Joe: What do you have in here, I thought we decided to travel light?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Well Joe, even bikini's have accessories. Looks like everything we need is here except for a roof, a shower, air-conditioning???

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: Ha! We do have everything, a hammock...you, me, 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

 a cooler full of drinks...what more do you want?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Gorgeous or not, I'm not sleeping on the beach. And I really need a shower. (What did I get myself into?)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: I'm sorry Joe, I'm just dehydrated, we've been traveling since 4 AM, I'm really bushed. Please tell me, where are we staying?


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: "Up Where??? I wish I had brought boots, instead of these heels."

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: "Well you can't go barefoot, snakes and stuff. It's just up that hill, about 250 feet up. The view should be spectacular."

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie puts on a brave face: "Okay, Joe. You're the ex-marine, lead on through jungle...

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...up the cliffs, OMG. HOW HIGH (and why can't I go barefoot, snakes.....ugh?)

(to be continued)


DIY Diorama: I kept this pretty simple. 

Beach background is a reprint from Morguefiles, printed in 4 enlarged parts and placed on foam core.
Fence: Thrift store wooden dish dryer
Decking: Bamboo placemats
Sand: 4 sheets of scrapbook paper. 
Rocks: Just rocks, lol.
Trees and Bushes: assorted bits of artificial greenery and plants.
Netting on fence: potato/onion bags
Accessories: Mostly, all vintage Mattel, except GI Joe fins.  The Hammock, drinks, cooler table-new.
Clothing
Vickie: Sparkles top and vintage (Barbie?) skirt-fabric matches 1960's Midge swimsuit.
Joe: Ken zipper linen trousers 1960's, top Ken top. Carrying vintage Ken garment bag and matching suitcase. Well worn, Joe travels a lot. 

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.

Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

Sharing at these Ad Free blog parties-with ads not in the middle of the blog (I'm going to try and see if this is possible)

Share Your Cup
Finding Silver Pennies Sunday
Best of the Weekend
Amaze Me Mondays
Talk of the Town
Home and Garden Thursday

Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle
Sandi






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.