BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

DIY Making Illusions: Dioramas-The Island Beach and Waterfall

Ad-Free Blog

I'm really a novice at this---but, 
I'm going to show you some un-doctored photos and how I created the illusion of an Island Beach and Waterfall. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

In the back you can easily see the seams of the paper photo. I used free stock photos from Morgue Files, downloaded and divided the pics by four pieces. I then enlarged each by the same percentage and printed them. I printed extra wet sand to put on the bottom, These are pieced and taped to the wall of thin foam core.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The beach sand is actually just scrapbook paper again. I usually buy when they are 3 or 4 pieces for $1.00. 
I have some rocks thrown at the beach wall...but by placing my dolls and furniture just so---
the camera only sees what I want it to see.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Here's a shot of the corner of the two diorama walls. 
This is how crude the taping is. I use Painter's removable tape. The right side is full of pieces of waterfall.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Here you can see how small my beach actually is, but I can move the placemats and expose more sand. The plants are covering the house on the print and the uncovered white area. Bamboo place mats imply decking of some sort. The fence is a drainage rack for dishes, I use for lots of things. I moved the placemats and sand wider or narrower..depending on my angle of camera shots.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

I use many kinds of containers and either use tape, 
clay, or rocks to make arrangements of 
bushes or plant displays. 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

A plant to the left implies some jungle. Here the couple have just landed, and all their amenities are displayed on the fence. The large boat anchor---keeps your eye from the transition of the photo and blank wall behind the fence.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I raised the angle of the camera to give 
them the illusion of walking up hill.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

On another day while exploring the island, Joe took some cheesecake photos of Vickie by the waterfall.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

From multiple copies of the same photo I enlarged, I  cut the repeated images creating the twists and turns of water falling over 
lots of rocks. I used a silver pen here and there to cross out things I didn't want to show. 
barbieoldnewgreenredo

 I had used the same wall of water for the Chicago Botanic Gardens Waterfall...I've doctored the photo and fuzzed out all the seams. I used the plank paper as a bridge under her, that worked well and added some floral 'bushes' because it was the botanic gardens after all.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Here I had Vickie standing or sitting on planks next to rocks. Rocks hid the seam of the placemat, added some different plants and
 the bags distract the eye from the messy transition and Joe's clear doll stand.

Add caption

Undoctored photo and almost a boob-shot. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This one is better, a selfie-- I tried fuzzing out the shadows and then just decided they weren't too bad.

Add caption

Vickie and Joe in front of the waterfall...off to do more exploring. The helmets and handlebars show plenty of the bike...and you know they are going somewhere, fantastic. 

Next the vacation 'hut'. I bet Vickie and Joe never want to leave.

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.

Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

 Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 


Sharing at these Ad Free blog parties-with ads not in the middle of the blog (I'm going to try and see if this is possible)


Best of the Weekend
Anything Goes Pink Saturday
Wonderful Wednesday
Talk of the Town
Vintage Charm
Share Your Cup

Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle
Sandi









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.