BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Thrift store Finds-Goodie Bags July 21

Ad-Free Blog

Hi, Doll Lovers!

It's no secret most of my dolls and accessories are from thrift stores. 

More than onne store has a policy of bagging dolls' stuff together in bags. What you see below is the matching up of the contents of three bags-$2.99, $3.99 and $1.99 each minus a dozen matched Bratz/Monster High shoes, and another dozen or more Skipper and Chelsea shoes.  Also, there were at least 15 pairs of tall boots I moved into my already full collection of boots. Even a pair of white tiger Scary Spice boots!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I had to buy another box for these. There are a few princess shoes in here, but they fit some of the smaller foot Barbies, and in colors I didn't have. There were some singles, but not very many.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

There were quite a few Fashion Fever and Fashion Avenue shoes in here. All very clean and basically unused? 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I love these sparkle jellies...I'll have to find what they are from.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Turquoise 'Genie' shoes...I have the outfit I think goes with these.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Also a bunch of 'flats' which are so hard to find, and loving the black and white purse. A few were super vintage from the 60-70's, and I was very happy for those.

Another store we go to, had small bags for .49 cents. Each photo below was one bag.
barbieoldnewgreenredo

The coffee pot here is worth $$$ alone...and a couple of cute purses, tote ..etc.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This was another .49 cent bag... The Western Stampin' outfit is from 1993, and still had the original  packaging creases in them. Those are Ginny/Muffy skates. The pink top was pristine, and a rubbery shell bikini top, gold purse, always fun adds to the accessories box. The baby doll accessories still in their original packaging.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This doll was in a .49 cent bag with a different dress and boots on---but I changed her into this outfit. Her bright red lipstick is perfect---she has clear sparkle strips in her hair and a body date of 1998-9? hard for me to read. I added the hat which I already had.  Quite the match for $.98 cents!
(side note she is Asha doll from 1998) 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

It's really a. cute outfit and in perfect condition. Love the fabrics.
( The outfit is one of four clothes packs, titled Western Stampin' from 1993)

barbieoldnewgreenredo


Another bag held this really lovely bicycle...it has SWEET BIKE 2000 on the bike. and has clear plastic wheels and painted spokes to give the illusion of a real racer. I don't think it is Barbie, and had no luck tracking it down. I'll have to see if I can find a maker mark, somewhere --it is very well made!

I snagged a few bags of bunches of clothes, nothing earth shaking...but with so many bodies to clothe here for stories, they are very welcomed. 
That's it for goodie bags this week. 

What great DOLL finds have you come across??

If you enjoyed this post, please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.


12 comments:

  1. I have found zero-zip-zilch! Seems my thrift must be selling on-line. Love the sparkle jellies:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Lynn. You could try Craigs list or Facebook Marketplace...sometimes they aren't collectors but Moms trying to thin out the 'mess'! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. I am an avid thrifter and always wondered if people bought all those bags of tiny little doll accessories and now I know! What a wonderful collection of teeny tiny shoes and other accessories. I have a life size collection of shoes that could rival your miniature shoe collection! Haha. Thanks for linking with me!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Shelbee, you have to visit one of my Vickie's Vintage posts---she has ShoeArama in the store. Hugs, and yes, those bags are simply a windfall! sandi

      Delete
  3. Loved seeing your treasures! When I was a kid (now 69), my mother sewed doll clothes at home commercially. Barbie, baby doll, troll, you name it. 40-90 dozen outfits a week; other moms did shoeshop piecework at home). I had the best dressed Barbie and troll around--no snaps, though and before Velcro! She put us 2 kids to work snipping threads and turning outfits right side out. It was a production on the side of her double bed across from the commercial sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how fun...to learn with your mom. Precious moments and great skills to learn. Thanks fo stopping by! Sandi

      Delete
  4. OH, wow...I really appreciate some of those homemades, that I find. My mom made a whole delicounters worth of salads once a week for our family store. So, I know how to make 50# of potatoe salad, and for the life of me, not a small bowl...LOl. Great experience to work with your parents. Hugs, sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Child labor...lol, my mom made an entire deli counter of salads each week for our family business, so I can make 50# of potato salad and not a normal bowlful...that's a fascinating story. The Mattel clothes were so expensive, there were so many 'homemades', sounds like yours was a total industry, and probably great money for a Mom staying at home. Thanks for sharing! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too get the majority of the Smalls that are Accessories for Lines Princess T Sells at the Antique Mall from Chazzas in Bagged Lots. The Clearance Center for the Goodwill is even better since they Sell by the Pound and so for $1.59 you could get a ton of Smalls if you have the Patience to go on the Thrill of the Hunt for them. She and I like doing that, it can add to her bagged lots she Sells and turn up some very interesting and sometimes valuable Vintage items. We recently Sourced about Four 1960's Doll Cases for a pittance, all were in very good shape for their Ages and I know Collectors who are Serious will appreciate being able to find them in one place. Right now I have a decent selection of Dollhouse Furnishings, they're always so Cute and even tho' I don't Collect them, I'm amazed at the authenticity of how they look on such a small scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...by the pound, we don't have that here! Yes bagged lots are great---you really never can tell what is in there. My dollhouse stuff has been doing pretty good online! Thanks for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.