BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Face Painting for Dolls.

Ad-Free Blog

I did some earlier posts on the face painting--with the ending of I hope it comes off. 

I used Golden-Flow Acrylics----super smooth and wonderfully flexible. I painted my faces for Thief of Bagdad with the dark colors, and cringed hoping it would come off, later. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo
My Palace Guards needed to be 1920's over the top threatening looking. Hard to do with a smiling doll. Plus men with eyeshadow...weird.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

I spent more time on Douglas Fairbanks (Thief) trying to catch his glow, and his curly hair and mustache. I managed to mix a brown that matched his existing hair which was straight.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

This is the doll I was most worried about, Lin-Manuel Miranda from Mary Poppins. But, he had to become my evil Prince. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

When I painted them, I first cleaned with alcohol. Now the twin guards were of 80-90's softer plastic heads. I used alcohol on a q-tip and ver slowly worked on all the paint. The alcohol dissolved it after a few seconds, and it pretty easily rubbed off with multiply applications. A final polish with a piece of paper towel dipped in alcohol. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Closeup of the side I didn't do yet.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Here is the side I cleaned----perfect and all his original features are fine!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Stuart---My Thief...cleaned up just as well. I tried to be careful up in the hair line.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lin-Manuel....I kept rubbing and rubbing and rubbing. I had forgotten he actually had a beard scruff---under all the other paint...LOL. Anyway he is back to his cute self! 

I seldom push a product, I will just say that Golden-Flow Acrylics were super to use. 
If I wanted to keep a painting permanently I would seal it with a matte acrylic sealer. 
But, it is nice to have the option of removing it or not!

HAVE YOU PAINTED FACES ON YOUR DOLLS?

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 








2 comments:

  1. Good to know! The only painting I plan to do (so far) is to tone down the lipstick on my mini-me doll:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I know it was nice to know I didn't ruin anyone!!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.