BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Who wore it BEST?

Ad-Free Blog

Hi, dear doll lovers. One of the themes from one of my online groups, 'Doll Divas at Boardhost' for this week was 'Who wears it Best?'.

Again digging in old photos, I had to find pics of two different dolls wearing the same thing and leaving out tee-shirts and jeans as that is totally boring.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

For my guy share we have Danny on the left, in the shirt I found him in at a thrift store...and "Peder/Alan later on the right using it as a work shirt. The groups' reactions were totally split on this one.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The Midge's have it ALL. (Left)One of the original Midges in 1963, actually came wearing this dress. The dress is from  #987 ORANGE BLOSSOM and came out in 1961.  My second In the 'Dreamhouse' Midge is wearing another I own...in better condition. 

Pinterest
'

The original Barbie"Orange Blossom" outfit came as shown here...and the flowers were small posy type in a lace surround. I have one but it's 'mashed up'. The original mules are the ones that split and fall apart. 
I chose wearable shoes that are more recent. I have gloves, but honestly they are such a pain to put on and off. The hat I have never seen...and probably never will.
Those bar shaped hats pretty much needed to never be touched to survive.

My Doll Diva friends were highly in favor of the original Midge doll, while those who love the 'Steffie'
 face mold with the eyelashesloved the second. 

What do you think?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The third outfit I'm showing for comparison is No. 3 Barbie in  'Katherine Johnson's' 1960's outfit. I have to admit, the bust on this dress barely came together on the back of my 1960 Barbie, but I wanted to use her in something from her period. 

The Katherine Johnson doll on the right who worked for NASA, was the group's favorite and I think so, too. She really comes to life in front of a chalkboard full of calculations. It always amazed me that NASA was relying on someone/woman scribbling on a chalkboard at that time.

I really found in searching my photos...I realized, some dolls have 'claimed' their wardrobe. 

I'm wondering if your DOLLS claim their wardrobe? Do you buy clothes, or do you specifically make them for one specific doll? 

Please share in comments and of course 

WHO WORE IT BEST!?!


Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question

If you enjoyed this post please follow this blog by

 blogger or FOLLOW IT which you will find in the

 upper right hand corner of this page. 


I will be sharing at these fine Parties!








All of the opinions in this blog are my own.
 I have not been paid or reimbursed in 
anyway for my opinions, posts or any 
products shown. 
Please do not use my content or photos without linking back to this blog 
or without my permission. 
Thank you for your cooperation, 
Sandi Magle.

Disclaimer: I am nor is this blog in anyway affiliated with Mattel, Barbie, or any of the places I shop--mostly thrift stores. Any photos not mine are attributed to online sources and noted, no copyright infringement is intentional.

Sandi












 

2 comments:

  1. I think the guys are about equal. The blonde's hair need conditioner to shine like the other Ken. His hair looks great. The Dreamhouse Midge looks better and is styled better. Katherine Johnson looks better in her dress maybe because it was made for her. The accessories hang better on her. I love the blackboard with the No.3. I have that board boxed up somewhere but you made it look fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I totally agree with you...it always amazes me all the different types of hair Mattel used on their dolls. Some are wonderful textures, others are wiry and hard to manage. Washing affects all hair, and Danny hasn't had a bath, because I'm afraid of what his hair might do. Grins. The blackboard was updated to be for older children as I seldom do dioramas with the 'chelsea' kids. Thanks for visiting! Sandi

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.