BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Vintage Finds Part 2

 Ad-Free Blog

Vintage Finds Part 2

It sure is wonderful to be able to go out and shop a bit. This is the more casual end of the FINDS from my Goody bags from a thrift store. 

I've added a few other vintage or contemporary pieces to coordinate with these...goodies!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie is taking some shots for her store, Vickie's Vintage. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Teresa and Casey model #1915 Outdoor Casuals from 1965, Skipper version came with blue pants also...but weren't in the goody bags. Both sweaters needed a few stitches, are labeled and are really perfect now! 

barbieoldnewgreenrdo

They slide on the dolls fairly easily. The slacks are slightly stretchy and a gorgeous slubbed fabric. I've matched miscellaneous shoes to these outfits.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Zoe, looks so great in Vickie's living room. Her dress is a shift, Barbie original label, and zippered. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Cotton snug-fit shifts were so popular during the 1960's. This labeled dress #1620 Junior Designer came with a plastic green belt, green closed toe heels, a design book, a metal iron, and lots of sticky appliques. Fortunately none were put on this dress, lol.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I've paired it with some Japan Barbie bow pumps that are lo-heel lime green (squishy). I found 4 different pair of these in a package for $10.00 in perfect condition the week before the goody bags. I personally wore green and orange versions of these in the late 1960's. Classic! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo
Vickie: You look fabulous in that dress, Zoe. Maybe I shouldn't list it on the website.

Zoe: I think I may have to keep it, and the shoes...pretty soon I will be working for you until I'm 90 to pay off all my wardrobe purchases. 

Vickie: Well what would you like to be doing?

Zoe: Well, really finish my Fashion Design degree. I only have one year left. I could try and work in some evening online classes now.\

Vickie: Go for it, and if you want to design somethings for the store, go ahead.

Zoe: Wow, that might be fun. We always need accessories...I'll give that a try, maybe some colorful purses and bags? Gosh, we always need hats. Thanks, Vickie.

Vickie: I know what it's like to put your dreams on hold, maybe Joe and I can find some time to get married. He's been so busy at work. Sigh.......

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Meanwhile, Chicagoland is getting some rain. Pinkie is in a vintage (non-Mattel) raincoat and matching hat.  She's paired it with a mini-umbrella from Michael's and some vintage red boots.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The hat is a bit smooshed, but everything else is in great shape! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

These netting pockets are unique, and the cool plastic lets the underneath fashion show through. I did see this somewhere---an off brand, TRU, Best Buy, Sears, Montgomery Ward---not sure, can't find the reference on my computer.  Dating this from the 1970's.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Perfect attention getter for hailing a cab! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Gilly and Belle are dressed for one of our first warm days. Gilly (left) never wears a skirt, but today is dressed for going to her Zoomba classes. This long skirt covers up her shorts underneath.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Of course the gym bag has to match (I added this) and stripe top is current Mattel. The skirt is a soft cotton knit, probably for a TNT doll, as the waist is very small.
Dating this from 80's. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Zoe wears a purple label blue dress with daisies and polka dots. It's a classic look in cotton knit! It's a bit roomy on top, so for the photo shoot it's clipped in the back under Zoe's hair, in order to make this NOT an X- rated shoot! We've added this cute Fashion Avenue box purse from the 2000's.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This cute sweater with label is from Vacation  Time #1623, from 1965. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This originally came with pink checked short-shorts with a zipper, pink pointed-flats and camera. I've paired this with blue cotton slacks with a mauve stripe found in one of the bags.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This shows the stitches printed on fabric from a panel 'cut and sew' slacks. One of many such fabric panels designed for fashion dolls in the 1960's. Here, the seamstress didn't quite get her stitching on the line. They are quite roomy, but were designed to fit a lot of different dolls available in the early to mid 1960's. I may add a couple of darts or try them on one of my curvy girls. It's just fun to have an interesting representation from the past.
 
Photo from Pinterest

The fabric panel was called,  'Evening Wear' for 11-12" dolls. I couldn't find a brand on this. Assuming its from the late 60's.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Scooter wears a Vogue labeled fashion, probably for a Ginny, Jill, or Jan Doll. With the clam digger length pants and attached top---she looks perfect for Spring.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Foofie is gettin a walk in the park! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Signature painted snaps, I haven't found 
exactly what this outfit is, or which Vogue doll, but this is labeled. Red was very popular in the 1960's. Vogue Teen dolls were 10 1/2"-11" tall with heels and small busts and were made from 1957- 65, Ginny dolls started early in the 50's and were 8" tall. Jill and Jan were taller and with heels and small busts. 

Stay tuned for Part 3 Vintage Finds: 
Dolls Love RED! 

IF you have more correct information or corrections, please let me know. I am relying on ID sites, Pinterest, and Reference blogs, and occasionally sales listings for information. Thanks!

Thanks for viewing and feel free to ask me any questions or inquiries, and I will get back to you. 







8 comments:

  1. What great finds. I've been thrilled with the number of old crochet fashion doll books that I've come across recently. They'd been much harder to find and more expensive when I was making dolls for my now adult nieces about a decade ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrifting is something I have always done. I had an antique/crafts/garden shop for 11 years, and did art shows for 35 with pottery. I've always thrifted and scrounged, and why buy new when people throw/giveaway perfectly good items. Plus it is great for the environment! Thanks for stopping by! Sandi

      Delete
  2. Oh how I'd love to find one (or more) of those printed fabric panels of clothes for cheap!!! I'm still amazed that you can find ~bags~ of goodies Sandie... Nowhere here in Philly-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda. Yes, the shoes were a steal. Found at my favorite thrift store in my hometown. Sometimes they are very high on things and then sometimes very low. Thanks for stopping by, I remember the panels for projects---they were very big in the 60-70's. It would be fun to find some today? Someone probably has a few of them stashed away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, once upon a time, a long time ago, Mattel produced some really nice clothes for Barbie. In fact, when I first began to collect dolls I assumed those quality clothes still existed but alas...no such luck. Then I assumed I would find sophisticated well made doll clothes in Paris... after all it is the fashion capital. HA!!! Not for dolls, it isn't! Especially for these older Barbies, I don't blame you for keeping an eye out for the vintage clothing. You've got some really good finds there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, April. Yes this was quite the find...and as a child we couldn't afford the outfits in the early 60's. My doll got packed away with her homemades and I never even saw a real outfit, until I started up with the thrifting. The Barbara Millicent Roberts collections are quite nice. I have never become attached to the silkstones---but supposedly the outfits are well made. I'll just keep watching for vintage outfits! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  5. It is a treat to be able to go thrifting again! Thanks for sharing your finds at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.