BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Vintage Finds Part 3: All About RED!


Continuing the super overload  of fashions from the Goody Bags, except for two extras.
Chris is wearing a wonderful all cotton red knit tee-dress. She has paired it with her vintage felt hat...red pumps and a 'ring' purse that matches perfectly. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

One thing about 1970's fashions is lots of RED! This dress has a Tressy label, but of course fits perfectly. 
Tressy was made from 1963-1972 by the American Character Doll Company, and then later by the IDEAL company. Tressy had lots of red fashions and was sold extensively through catalogs as well as in stores.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

The details and fit are quite nice, and I'm sure my dolls will fight over this dress! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Midge loves the 1995 LEE Jeans Fashion Red Dress. It originally came with the red heels Chris was wearing in the first shot. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

She's pairing it with a contemporary 'Hello Kitty' purse, making this an updated outfit. Midge says this is really SHORT! *perfect condition, though.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Scooter has on some sweet red shorts with ric-rac trim and a white blouse that fits her perfectly. The blouse was so dirty, but it washed wonderful. Very fine percale, this blouse has a Skipper label, the shorts are un-labeled and I haven't found what they or who they belong to.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The blouse comes from the 'School Days' set for Skipper #1907 1964-6. The pink pleated skirt was in the bag, but beyond saving. It pretty much disintegrated. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

My Chelsea is wearing an original Skipper Swimsuit #950. The elastic has dissolved on the leg openings. I will try and hand stitch some new elastic or elastic thread into them, some day when I have lots of patience. Otherwise it is in excellent condition, and sorta cute.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I expect this outfit is from the 1970's...it's unmarked, made with nice fabric. Perhaps an off brand from a catalog or a clone doll. Anyway...

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Babs loves this, and it's a bit roomy in the legs but with red sandals and...

barbieoldnewgreenredo

topped with a vintage jacket we already had, she is ready for boating on Lake Michigan.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I've added this two fashions because they fit in with this period. I also found these at thrift stores in the past. I believe both these dresses are Best Buys. The long peasant dress is s a great print and possibly from the 1970s, I've found several different prints in this exact same dress.  
barbieoldnewgreenredo

One of the bad things, the thin red ribbons are too short to tie, I will replace them with something with fused ends and long enough for arthritic fingers to tie. Vanessa says she likes this dress for summer.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

BMR says this is a bit too housewifey for her and it's a # 9156 or 9146 'mod?' dress is from 1976 and is a Best Buys.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Finally the last from the Goody Bags,  Carly wears the Barbie Junior Prom #1614 from 1965. Well, at least she is wearing part of it. The ruffle at the bottom of sheer red was barely recognizable and dissolving. I gently pulled and the entire mess came off without a stitch ripped on the taffeta. The dress itself was stained and bedraggled, but with a quick soak in a weak solution of Oxi-clean and lots of cold water and many rinses...the dress looks quite nice and came out just fine.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

It's a little large for Carly on the top, I replaced a snap, but it's good to go...for a red party dress. I do have the white stole I picked up at sometime which goes with this set,  and some long white gloves---but for Spring in the park this is great...with red open-toed shoes.
barbieoldnewgreenredo


She loves it. The goody bags still held some other odds and ends...pieces of this and that, another Tressy dress, and some very weird other pieces, that I'm sure belong to some thing fascinating.

Thanks for all your comments and questions---and thanks for enjoying my Finds! 

IF you have more information or corrections, please let me know. I am relying on ID sites, Pinterest, and Reference blogs, and occasionally sales listings for information. Thanks!

Thanks for viewing and feel free to ask me any questions or inquiries, and I will get back to you. 

















 

9 comments:

  1. What great finds and you are talented to be able to clean them up and repair all of them. I love your reading the research and history of the outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheltie. Well, I'm trying to become educated and really am a historian by nature, gladd you enjoyed. Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. Cute outfits! I love BMR's and the rick-rack on the bottom of the shorts. Ooohhh, I want to see the weird things too:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...just for you---I will show, most I have no idea the source or what they may go with. And, I like the rick-rac too. My mom put it on all my dresses and tops! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  3. All of these outfits are super cute. But I especially like the first dress (red sheath with long sleeves) and that last dress best. They are both really pretty and the first dress looks particularly well made. I also love those dolls in their pretty white dresses on your banner photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, April. Yes the Tressy dress is very nicely made, and a good fit, not too hard to get on either. Thanks on the header girls. Those dresses are from vintage finds, Part 2. Just lots of fun doing the research on these dresses. Upside, I lived through that period (60's), I was in HSchool and College and of course fashion is so important to one at that age. I would have worn almost everything of the last few posts. Hugs, and thanks for stopping by! Sandi

      Delete
  4. RĂ©duire is a very nice color for Summerside. ☺️☺️☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the reds have always been a favorite of mine, but then I was 12 when Barbie first modeled red fashions!

      Delete
  5. Aw, that's one of the fun ones, isn't. Thanks for stopping by, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.