BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Vintage Thrift Store Finds May2021

Wow, the thrift stores keep coughing up goodies. 
I these first two batches of stuff in May.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This little house is actually something I thought I might want in the future. 

box of original packaging from Pinterest

The roof is the only thing that was in poor condition, and I will come up with a fix at some time. The walls and floors and the furniture included are in excellent condition. Mattel made a few different versions of this...with color tweaks. Totally loving the photo possibilities with Mod girls and fashions. This version I found is from 1961!


barbieoldnewgreenredo

This doll was included---with some major hair issues...she's had a freshening and cut, and is wearing a new Mattel fashion, I thought was cute. I've put some vintage hangers up in the corner. Check out the lamp---? I don't think is Mattel.
The one of two-white chests with the tropical stickers, I will have to track down.
The bed is original..and really fun and flips over to a tub.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I'm totally in love with the wall graphics on this...! Here's another little yellow white chest...which screams late 1970s. Finally found the white wicker table that goes to other pieces I have. Dig the sofa---all original possibly from the house itself.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Two turquoise pieces...that cabinet will move into Jacquie's Salon, and the cold drinks will end up ???. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

5 more pieces...two school chairs(minus the desk part) a work out bench, a small console computer or tv,  and a corner cabinet complete with molded items in it. I actually think this is smaller scale, but it works in Chelsea's room just fine.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I finally found a clock---not Mattel but the right scale. I will have fun refurbishing this for a new apartment I'm doing. 
Two 1970's camp chairs....Mattel...can't have too many of these, and I think they are still making them or a version of them.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The green tub and toilet (which makes flushes) is actually Sindy, which is excellent as the scale is better than some Mattel bathroom sets. The yellow locker is full of tiny stamp shapes, actually a Barbie product, and they are so small they are almost doll scale. Another project for Chelsea. 
The yellow ladder back chairs are Mattel circa 1969-70's from some version of the Live Action Barbie House.

The two orange chairs are from Fisher Price Loving Family---but hey, they are perfect for Mattel girls/guys too.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Another little baggie contained  all these cabachons-flat backed plastic goodies, and foodstuffs. Some are all-arounds and well, I will make some cute boxes or put them in a store. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

My last batch of goodies is also varied. These were multiple purchase..some labels are still on. Loving the turquoise couch---I suspect that is from one of the wood-doll house brands. It's cute though and in good condition. 
The lounger and stool, not sure where they are from, will have to sleuth some more.

Back row L to Right.
The white bookcase window unit has lower bookcase shelves. 
The purple wall unit is both-sided and missing some pieces.
barbieoldnewgreenredo

But I just happen to have some brand new little totes that will make this entirely workable as storage in some tiny apartment. And you always need more clothes haning space. I wish the drawers opened.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The pink unit is one of those folding pieces...? 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

That pink piece has possibilities...I will see if I can use it in future projects. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This is one of Mattels marvels of invention, one of the many Fold-and-Go Houses. Everything folds up and disappears.
The bed is basically an accordion and folds into the wall.

Barbieoldnewgreenredo

I think I may take this all apart and utilize the windows, stairs, and wall pieces here and there. The walk up the stairs tub doesn't really make sense, nor does the fold down sink? 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Here's the whole thing almost ready to close----ah the tub has to fit over the chair...like I said a marvel of design. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

It does have a chunk missing---makes you wonder if a bicycle or car ran over it.
THE WORST part is this paltry peach is supposed to be PINK. Only thing worse than pink is this peach...serious paint is needed to make this bearable.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

A few kiddie pieces were thrown inside this. Also in paltry peach-once pink.

That's my shopping for awhile. All this was purchased for under $45.00. Yes, they are odds and ends---but wait until the magic happens. But, it won't be soon---the real garden and yard is a priority now for the next month. 

Thanks for viewing...if anyone has information on any of these pieces please share in comments.

Have you found any great doll bits and pieces?

Thanks for viewing and feel free to ask me any questions or inquiries, and I will get back to you. 




 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, my thrift store is cutting back on toys, they must be sending them all to Chicago! That is the neatest folding house I've seen and might just have the prettiest doll bathroom I've ever see too-not functional, but I love it! Do you think the turquoise couch might be from the Kid Craft Supermodel House, I'll add the link below. And I can almost smell the vinyl from the first house:@)
    http://www.diybarbieblog.com/2020/07/free-barbie-house-diy-redecorating.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm thinking the couch might be Kid Craft...I was pretty much brain-dead when I did the post. Oh, the house doesn't smell at all. But, I bet it did when it was new. Seriously---last two trips I got nothing. It's feast or famine, for sure! Thanks for the url, and tip! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. Hi, Linda. No---I have about five stores I visit at different times. This was a volunteer/Church based thrift store for the Mod House...$10.00 because the roof was rough. Slowly, I'm finding where stuff is from...thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome. I'd love to see your "toy museum" some day. You would have amazing exhibits and I suspect it would be a draw for Barbie lovers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sheltie. I've posted most of my craziness already. I do have a 'bar/music venue', and 1890s kitchen and it's contemporary counterpart in the works. But, REAL LIfe gardening has stolen all my time right now. Please join the blog, and then you can keep up with my posts. Thanks, for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.