BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

The Wedding: Dresses, Family, Friends and the Plan?

Ad-Free blog

Ryan&Richelle's Wedding: Dresses

Vickie's Vintage hosts bridal party events. The staff clears the main floor so the small group can have fun fitting their dresses and picking out accessories.

Here, Richelle's bridesmaids get to meet and try on their dresses for the wedding.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

L to R  Lily(maid of honor--Richelle's Childhood BF), Vickie, Barbie Roberts, and Lara Roberts from BMR Enterprises..

Vickie: Well thank you ladies, you are all going to look very special for the big day!
Lara: I'm not sure how I will wear mine, it's great that Richelle is letting us improvise!
Barbie: I love the color, and Lily---those streaks are a great idea, but I'm not that courageous.
Lara: I can't do anything with my hair except let it hang there!
Lily: It will wash out with a few shampoos. The airlines are pretty strict on what we can and cannot do.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lily: Well it was great to meet you all, but I have to catch a ride to the airport. I'll see you all on Saturday! 

Meanwhile, the bride and moms are upstairs!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Richelle we are leaving now----good luck on the fittings. See you Saturday or sooner at the venue.
barbieoldnewgreenredo

Upstairs, Richelle is pondering the dress alterations.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle: What do you think, is it still too much? Too poofy?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Monnie: (Richelle's Mom) Oh, Sweetie, you look divine! 

Sandi: (Ryan's Mom) A little poof is perfect ...Richelle, you are radiant!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle:(I can't believe it's going to finally happen) Oh, do you think so---? I'm beginning to get nervous, there is still so much to do! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle: And Mom you both look divine. Sandi, that color purple is perfect for you, and Mom...you look ready to get married all over again!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Only another few days.....now I have to meet Trish about the flowers! Then speak with the caterer---and then pick out the tablecloths...and then....

LATER...

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: OMG...three weddings in one week. And all of them the last minute practically.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Zoe: Richelle was so lucky picking up those dresses over the last three years. I don't even know what I'm going to do tomorrow. The ladies all looked perfect though.

Vickie: Have I told you lately what a great boutique manager you are! Thanks, so much, Zoe. Finding that dress for Sandi was amazing...she looked divine!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Zoe: Thanks, Vickie. Well, when are you and Joe going to have your wedding?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Well let's look at the calendar. Yikes, what do you have down in July?

Zoe: Well, both Carly and I are done with classes, so we can be here all the time. So, we could handle anything which needs to be done. Tory said she could be back-up, if you wanted to escape.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: We wanted to have a destination wedding...in Costa Rica. (Sigh) But, that's really not realistic right now. Even though they have lifted travel restricitons.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: We really are married already in our minds...like an old married couple. Maybe someday!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Zoe: Life is too short ...to wait for someday! Let's finish up---I'm really glad Carly is opening up tomorrow in the morning.

Vickie: Thank goodness for both of you...yes, let's lock up!


What everything is?
Diorama: Vickie's Vintage homemade diorama...just search posts.

Sandi: Mattel Grandma in Mattel Ella Fitzgerald dress (doo-dad removed)

Monnie: TnT with hair cut, grayed with Chalk marker in vintage ? Barbie dress.

Richelle: Wedding gown Vintage Pink label Barbie dress...haven't identified exactly what it is. Found in a clothing assortment at thrift store.

Bridesmaids' dresses: Fashion Fun 7909 from the 1980's. Picked these up on Etsy, and in thrift shop bundles. This took over three years to find 4. 

Zoe: in Vintage Francie 1960's.

Lily: in Mattel Fashion Career pack stewardess uniform 2020.

Thanks for viewing and feel free to ask me any questions or inquiries, and I will get back to you. 




 






 

6 comments:

  1. You are a great story teller I love the story line and how you illustrate with the dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, glad you are enjoying---lots more coming! Sandi

      Delete
  2. Love Vickie's ring! Looks like ~everyone~ is getting married... I guess June really is the month:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave myself a deadline, because my doll club had brides as a theme...this month...so almost getting it together!!! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  3. Well when I saw "wedding dress" in the tag line, I made a bee-line for this post to visit the boutique. How much fun is this!!! But tell your ladies not to worry. In Barbie land, there's a Ken groom waiting on a store shelf waiting to walk her to the alter. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the eternal couple...lol. I actually had to go buy two tuxes---because the newer dolls are taller and all my old vintage tuxes had short legs or narrow shoulders or something else unacceptable. Richelle is a simple gal---and all the dresses I had were TOO MUCH on her...so we altered one. Such is bride issues. I was thinking how you could have whipped up exactly what she wanted...LOL. Hugs, Sandi

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.