BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

New Years Eve with Joe and Vickie

2021 has been a really tough year for ChicagoPD. 

Extra long hours, Covid, rampant crime, and Joe hasn't had a day off in 23 days. When he had a few hours off, it was only here and there.

But, it's New Years Eve...and Vickie and Joe finally get some relaxed together-time!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Maybe a bit of dinner and some great dessert! Or maybe dessert first!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: Hey, kid, I've missed this. You know I love you, right?

Vickie: I know, me too, between the store and your extra shifts...we've barely had energy to wave at each other!  I'm so glad El closed up tonight, she said it slowed down after 5.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Cat: Purrrrrr (I have both my hu-mans.....purrrrrr!)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: I'm starving...how about you?

(Radio)Bzzzzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzzzz, Bzzzzz

Vickie: (thinking---OH, crap!)


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Don't answer---I'll get started on those steaks.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: I have to answer. Beaster is out with Covid, and Langenfeld won't be back until tomorrow, lucky dog.

Vickie: (holds her breath)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: Yes, Captain, give me fifteen minutes and pick me up downstairs.

Vickie: (Crap!)


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe: We got a double homicide and two major vehicle crashes in our precinct. I don't know how late I'll be. Love you, Vick. You know that!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: I love you too, just be careful out there! (Sigh) Happy New Year---it's almost 12. 

Joe: (Kiss) Love ya, beautiful...just wait for me right here! Let's get married as soon as we can do it!

(And he is gone) Day 24.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Soon as we can...ha, when what-ever freezes over. Well, CAT, it's just you and me, AaaaGain! How about a pint of Ben&Jerry's or maybe two. Cherry Garcia or Chunky Monkey, or Both??? Or do you want steak?

Cat:(Purrrrrrrr, a purrfectly Happy New Year-----! Whatever that is?...)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Special Thanks to all our front line workers and their families who give tirelessly to keep us healthy and safe!

DIORAMA DETAILS:
Joe and Vickie's Condo takes up one 12" and one 10"shelf on the wall, in the doll room. My grand has pointed out there are no stairs. I choose to believe they are behind the back wall...lol.

Furnishings: All vintage except for unpainted boxes used for dressers and a few accents. Upholstery by me.

Bedding: Is by me

Lighting above bed: Two plastic bottle bottoms pushed together with mini lights in them, mounted on ceiling with stickum.

Rugs: Placemats, fabric and plastic.

Bedside lamp: Michael's from summer mini collection (70% off)

Floral Boxes: Barb J...thank you!

Joe: GI Joe--Face is enhanced  with acrylics to give this tough guy a softer look.

Christmas Tree: Dollar Store---tutorial here: Upscale Dollar Store trees

Any questions, I'll be happy to answer!!!

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 






 





4 comments:

  1. Love your ceiling light, I'm always looking for recycling ideas! Poor Vickie... Maybe one day she'll have her guy:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. works pretty well, I don't leave it on for a very long time though! Thanks, Sandi

      Delete
  2. The bedside lamp caught my attention. And I would hate to work any police department these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Paul. Michaels had a fun little set-up last summer wwith tiny mini houses and all sorts of mini accessories...the table lamp was actually a floor lamp for their collection. I hope they do it again, some itmes were very current in style! Thanks for stopping by!, Sandi

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.