BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Odds and Ends: Moving forward in the Mansion Remodel

 Ad-Free Blog

Odds and ends: moving forward in the Mansion Remodel.

Last post we were working on the bathroom, and I was looking through my stuff for something to use for a sink. I have vintage sinks, but they are all too large for the small area. And, I wanted something a bit contemporary, or current at least.

I went through all my minis, bowls, and little cabinets to use for the new bathroom in the Victorian and I found this cabinet.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

This little waffle breakfast cabinet is recent and from Mattel. I had picked it up from a thrift store for $.99. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I popped the top off with a screw driver and will be able to use the top and the side extension table for for something else.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I had a brain fart and went to Crate and Barrel for some little porcelain dipping dishes. There were four styles, all of which would work for sinks. This one is modern and sleek and perfect for a small bathroom for $1.95. I bought two...I'm not going out much and well, you never know when you will drop something.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I laid out a piece of wood for a counter and checked the space---Perfect!!!

Now, what could I use for a medicine cabinet.
barbieoldnewgreenredo

Remember this wall with the faux cabinet with doors that opened...ta-da- I managed to pry it off, and then I Dremel sawed the pegs off, for some closet space.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Using the Dremel saw...I rough cut through the softer plastic.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Not wanting to slice myself, I hand sawed the sides off. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Ta-Da! All I needed to do was sand the bottom, ...
barbieoldnewgreenredo


Along with the corners of the wood piece. 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Other than the Darn PINK this is perfect. Old and New and a Redo...!





barbieoldnewgreenredo

I painted the wood and then shiny contact papered the top and secured the top with double sticky foam from the $$ store. It's not permanent which will allow for future alterations, but will stay secure.  When I find my aluminum pipe I will make the faucet and decide on some creative handles.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

It really does fit well, and has storage, now to temporarily cover that pink cabinet!! And make some shower surround?--back to scrounging in the house, I know I have acrylic and even maybe some channeling??


What projects have you been up to?


If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 

6 comments:

  1. A nice creative fix! My bathroom could use a little remodel when you're done with the doll house:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn. Ended up being pretty cheap too. Maybe $3.50 with everything. I still have to make the fixtures for the shower and sink, we will see if that adds up much more $$$. I'm like you, trying to be frugal. Little round dishes will make good bowls for corner sinks, mine stuck out too much that I did have.

      Delete
  2. Oh my...this is coming along quite nicely. I can't believe you actually sawed that cabinet!!! As I've said many times before...you would be the most fun person in the neighborhood, if I lived nearby. Absolutely fascinating to watch you work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when i pried it off it had a big gouge on the bottom...but, working doors are always a plus. I could watch you 'drape' patterns while I'm sawing stuff up...LOL! Yes it would be some fun!. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. So fun! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.