BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Fricking disaster or what I did in the month of August.

 Ad-Free Blog

What I did in the month of August...the extra Bedroom REDO.

oldnewgreenredo

Sort of Doll related, as this space is where I will sew and also do Etsy business  and probably some doll or item photos.

Here's a video I intended for and sent to my kids---so they wouldn't visit one Sunday...LOL. I'm a bit of a drama Queen. I never intended to use this...but it pretty much shows...what happens when you fool around with one tiny room and go through EVERYTHING!


Hope you got a chuckle, Anyway, we live in a small house by today's standards a 1400 sq. ft. ranch with a full basement. We have one large bedroom and two small bedrooms...and one of course  is the INFAMOUS EXTRA BEDroom, for guests. LOL.

oldnewgreenredo

You know you all have a space like that, where everything gets dumped---guests may never see it, or use it. Well...after last year's basement upset---it really was super full of everything---and the printer was in the LIVING ROOM...

Well, we gave our twin pullout (to King) daybed to our son for the Grand to use.

I ordered a small twin loveseat size sofa for the tiny room.

Guests can use the master with the bath attached and I can sleep in here. Or a single can sleep in here...but a lot of stuff had to go.


oldnewgreenredo

Amazingly, this is comfortable...and the old Swedish trunk on gliders is perfect for storing bedding and putting your feet up on. It's on sliders and will scoot right over to open up the bed. Now the Grand can have her own space when she visits.
I ordered a set of twin sheets and pillow cases.  We have the vinyl plank flooring to redo the floors during the winter.

My budget for the rest of the room was basically ZERO $$$$

oldnewgreenredo

Okay, I'm a collector---Most of these books are research for the historical fiction I'm supposed to be finishing. The rest of the file boxes are personal family genealogy stuff, and remnants of the magazine clippings I have been doing for 25 years or so.

I NO LONGER get ANY magazines anymore---I just look up at anything I want to see online.

oldnewgreenredo

Ta, DA! All the boxes under the desk on the left are our four family trees photos, from both sides. This winter photos will be digitized, and originals hopefully sent to other families. My mom got every photo from both sides and never did a darn thing with them. Boxes and bins of them, this is maybe 20%. 

oldnewgreenredo

Wanting to save money and open out spaces elsewhere, I gathered three tables from  in the house...I just strung them along the outside wall, and one on the left behind the printer. I used some upholstery vinyl to make beige tops to help unify the look...cost $12.00.  The light beige brightens up the room...and protects the wood tops of the furniture.
The middle desk table is perfect height from my sewing machine. Picnic baskets below have sorted pattersn and fabrics for my doll projects.

The windows face north and there is also a roof overhang which keeps it pretty dark in here. So the lighting is tricky. I opt for two smaller desk lamps which I can easily move around for where I'm working.

oldnewgreenredo

The printer cabinet came from the basement and my husbands office. This is working well here as it is centrally located for the network to get the signal.

My label printer is here for the Etsy shop and all the paper, cardstock, labels, sticky stuff for storage. I love having it all in one place and not in the basement, as I do much of my comp work in the living room while watching tv.

oldnewgreenredo

Reconfiguring the room...meant my wall art and memory pieces had to get adjusted here and there. I've been picking up cottage art for years, and have needlepoints, crewel, photos and original art up here along with little memory pieces and gifts from others.

The ceramic lamp---was one from my potting days...and it works perfect on top of the radio. The green cabinet is one of two Swedish Cheese cabinets  I used in this room that I've had for over 30 years. They are great for hiding bulky desk/work projects for easy put away.

oldnewgreenredo

Little bits of our lives, and cottages.

oldnewgreenredo

The largest task was the five foot closet, again, stuffed with photos, antiques, patterns and fabric pieces. Some art supplies also. Every bin has been sorted and labeled. I plan on printing labels, but right now they are scribbled on paper or scraps of contact paper...I did purchase three cheap fabric bins...for 1.25 each at the $$$store. 
The rest I already had. I still have the top shelf to do---and thin out the patterns and sell the ones I'll never use...kids grow so fast. 


oldnewgreenredo

Crazy what you accumulate with the dolls and sewing for over 60 years.

oldnewgreenredo

The other side...The bins are sorted to types of fabric, projects, and repairs.

oldnewgreenredo

These are the photos of our families, that have been sorted, but I have to start sharing them to others. The temporary stickers aren't sticking---I'll have to get on that right away.

oldnewgreenredo

This result took over three weeks to go through everything in this room, sort, throw away, donate, and collate. (Three garbage cans of throw away, 2 trunks of donations and a pile to be sold. I did deep Cleaning and  very little decorating. We will lay new flooring during the winter, but for now it's ready for me or company.

Last night I attended my online Zoom meeting for Windy City Barbie Doll Collectors Club, in a comfortable chair with decent lighting and a clean work surface...really a first in 7 years. My doll room downstairs is always a work in progress, so unless I have a display to show...this room will work perfectly.

oldnewgreenredo

My only other purchase was this chair cover,  I LOVE...under $5.00 online...heavy smooth polyester knit which works great and helps to unify the space. My desk Scooter chair, we had and is easily adjustable.

Informational Sources for my INEXPENSIVE REDO.

Twin Loveseat from Temu, on sale $274.98 with tax.
Quite comfortable, works smoothly, well constructed and that fabric will wear like iron a thumbs up. Well packed.

One Twin bottom sheet and two pillow cases Temu on sale under $7.00 something, can't find the paperwork.

3 cloth bins for closet  from Dollar Tree $3.75

2yd. of vinyl upholstery fabric -Horrid Lobby (since Joann's is gone, only source close by now $11.96

Polyester Chair Cover from Temu $4.77 

Total under $306.00

Labels already on hand

Bins already on hand

Artwork: vintage, personal and antique--already had. 

Book cases 20 years old from IKEA Billy Bookcases.

3 Lamps over thirty years old, handmade, inherited or purchased.

3 desk/sofa tables,  (One, a curb steal (Yield House), one from 30 years old in living room, one from friend swap 8 years old from master bedroom)


Informational Note: I do purchases from Temu via Paypal...which gives me an added layer of personal protection. Deliveries seem to be shorter as they have opened warehouses in the US now. I have not had any problems with them in two years except some mini chair breakage from bad packing.

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.

Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

 Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 

Sharing at these Ad Free blog parties:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.