BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Vickie's Haunted Vintage Part 5

Part 5 


Later that evening, 
Mulan, Barbie and Lara are having a discussion in the backyard of the HFIM house.

Barbie: Mulan, do you really think something is going on at Vickie's? She has been doing such a great business.

Mulan: The 'unknown' can disconcert one. Zoe seemed particularly upset. 

Lara: I'm sorry I don't really know your friends well, but the shop is amazing and Vickie's help seemed to know exactly how to treat customers. Such an asset to your community. Just, because it's the Halloween season doesn't mean the supernatural is working against her.

Mulan: I didn't say unnatural forces, I said negative forces. 

Barbie: We have more than the supernatural to worry about, tomorrow night Mulan, we have a meeting at the venue for the benefit. Can you be there by 8pm?

Mulan: Certainly, I have found some interesting backdrops we might be able to use for decor. You said the room was big and empty...which we will need. I have sold over thirty tickets myself.

Lara: How many tickets have been sold?

Barbie: Oh, we just don't know, yet. Everyone who is selling is supposed to contact me by tomorrow night. I can't believe the benefit is only four days away!

Meanwhile, 
Detective Joe and Vickie walk down to Sal's Seafood just around the block 
from the vintage shop for a late dinner.


Gino: I'm your server tonight. Nice to see you again Joe, and you're Miss Vickie from the shop around the corner. 

Detective Joe: Please Gino the table back in the corner. That's a nasty bruise on your face Gino, what happened?.

Gino: I got jumped walking out to the alley from the back door. Alley dirt is stuck in my face, and I twisted my ankle bad. I couldn't tell who it was, they pushed me from the rear and stole all my tip money. This neighborhood's going to the dogs.

Vickie: I hope not, did you report it to the police?

Gino: Sal didn't want me too, the publicity would be bad for the restaurant. You be careful Miss Vickie when you close up late. 

Vickie: I will, thank-you.  Joe, I love this corner, it's so vintage back here with the old prints and paintings.



Joe: I've been wanting to order the Fish Boil, but it's too much for one person. 



Vickie: It's too much for two. Love the coleslaw and the corn. Reminds me of my grandparents having fish boils in northern Wisconsin. What did you want to talk about, Joe, I mean Detective.

Joe: Well, there have been nine incidents in the last week in this block. Petty theft, Gino, your shop, an eighty year-old man who owns the building next to yours, pushed down some stairs. He is still in the hospital. Broken windows, street signs, electricity out, cables cut, just about everything you could imagine. 

Vickie: I had no idea all this was going on. What's happening to our neighborhood? I just got a notice that the building has violations and the owner is no where to be found. And, business has been so good. I don't know what I'm going to do?


Joe: Please be extra careful Vickie. I know you have the apartment, upstairs of the shop, and roommates. 

Vickie: Yes, Zoe and Nikki are both staying with me. So, I'm not alone, ever. It's not the best apartment, but it's convenient and I thought safe?

Joe:There is more here than just isolated incidents. We are looking at a bigger picture, I can't say anything more. Would you like some more wine?

Vickie: No thanks, two glasses is my limit.


Gino: Would you like coffee or dessert, and I bagged up your leftovers. Sal wanted me to tell you Joe, someone slashed tires in the employee lot this afternoon. He wants you to stop by tomorrow and talk with the day crew. 

Joe: I'll be by first thing tomorrow. Gino, thank you and please take care of yourself. Thanks to the chef, the meal was delicious.

Vickie and Joe took the long way around the block, so he could casually check out the neighborhood and they had a nice long talk. They passed the van. 

Vickie: Well, Detective who are the roommates in your van and where do you live when you aren't 'undercover'?

Joe: Hm, well it wouldn't be much of an undercover operation, if I revealed everything. I have an apartment up on Irving Park, and my roommate is Jeanette. She's a cat.

Vickie: Really? I never would have thought of you as having a pet cat.

Joe: She was a stray and kept bellowing at my back door when I first moved in. I think whoever had the apartment before, just left her. She's a very nice cat, her coat is the color of your hair. You sure smell good, Miss Vickie. (He grins.)



Vickie: Officer, I do believe you are frisking me...? The lights aren't on, now what's wrong?

Vickie opens the door to find her roomies, huddled on the couch, no electricity and no heat.

Joe: One more thing to add to our list. This perpetrator counts on people not sharing their information. All these random incidences have a reason. And we will get to the bottom of this very soon. Lock up, tight Vickie. You have my number.

Vickie:Yes, sir. And thanks for a lovely meal. I really enjoyed myself, I haven' been out for a long time. Night.

Vickie closes the door, and flops down on top of the girls huddling in the cold dark. 
The only light in room emanates from their cell phones and laptop.




Zoe: So how was tattoo man? And what is he doing that we don't know about?

Vickie: He's very nice, and he's just being, um, protective. 

Nikki: I only got the answering machine when I called the landlord. I reported the heat out to the hotline, and Com Ed too.

Vickie: Yes, it is  a little cold in here, I'm going upstairs and grab some sleep. See you in the morning.
We may have to chisel ice down in the shop...or thaw out bones or something? Goodnight.


Wednesday Night at the venue for the Skeleton Bash.


Ryan: This is a huge black cave, perfect for a haunted night of revelry and debauchery.

Richelle: Oh, no....here we go.

Ryan: Nope, first on the list, I'm taking care of lighting, furniture, the stage and the bar...anything else Madame Chairman-er-woman Chairperson?

Barbie: No, that's great. Thanks to Mulan for the great backdrops, I hope we can use them all.



Vickie:Those photos, really pop against the black walls. This room is really perfect for the benefit. I hope it is enough room.


Richelle: The stage over in the corner will be a great place for taking photos. At $20.00 a shot and the photographer is donating 100% of the profits for the relief fund.



Barbie: It sure will, so what's the decision on the tables, black or purple?

Mulan: Maybe we should use green, I vote for purple?  This room is a void, otherwise.

Richelle: We could use a carpet down the middle here to cover the seam in the concrete. 

Barbie: Everyone check your lists...and let's nail this down by Saturday, when everyone comes to make this room into MAGIC....for the Skeleton Bash.

(Please view early chapters at the following)

Vickie's Haunted Vintage Part 1 
Vickie's Haunted Vintage Part 2
Vickie's Haunted Vintage Part 3


All the opinions and photographs on this blog are my own, unless otherwise stated. 

 I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions
 or products shown, or from where I shop. 

The dolls shown are from my own and the Grand's collection as are the clothes, 
which are vintage, or made by myself. Occasionally, i falter and buy something new.

PLEASE do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 
Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle

I'll be sharing at these fine parties:
Sandi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.