BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Sindy's Valentine's Desserts

Okay, let's see if I can do this in one take, I have to get these desserts packed up and to class for my final. 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Aidan: Okay, Sindy, remember to smile, and look right into the camera, and I will keep moving to get different views as you speak.
Ready.....Action!


Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.

I’m Sindy Odders, one of the assistant pastry chefs at the Hyatt Hotel at River North in Chicago. Today, I have prepared for you a selection of vegan and vegetarian Valentine desserts. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I have adapted these recipes to vegan and or vegetarian from historical and vintage cookbooks 
for my senior graduation project at the Culinary Institute.
Whether you choose to be vegan or vegetarian for health, personal, or religious issues, 
no one has to deprive themselves of fabulous desserts. 



I have prepared for you a selection of delicious cakes, tortes, tarts, pudding, 
and cookies for your Valentine's Day celebrations. 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

My personal favorite is the Strawberry torte in an almond pastry shell. The Peach Melba cakes are topped with a festive strawberry, and the Strawberry Layer Cakes have whipped coconut frostings and fresh strawberries.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Desserts are the perfect food for entertaining or treating your family for Valentine's Day.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

We have a Chocolate Lady Finger Coconut Cake, a Raspberry Macadamia Nut Torte, a Carrot Cake with a Caramel Vegan Meringue topping. The most unusual recipe on the table is my frozen Vegan Avocado Gelatto Cake Roll, topped again with strawberries.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The favorites at the HFIM test kitchens are the chocolate, vanilla, or gingerbread heart cookies. 
I make these all year round for my housemates. They never last long.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

We can't forget tea, coffee, or a Lemon Curd Torte and Bon-bons with a Coconut Creme 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

The recipe for my Almond Strawberry Vegan tarts will be available on my Facebook page. This is 
 Sindy Odders-TheVeggieDessertQueen signing off from the HFIM test kitchen and have a 
fabulous Valentine's Day Celebration. 



Sindy, that was great, but I was drooling all over your table. Can I please have some cake.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Aidan: "Who said this wasn't a high paying job! I should have your video ready by tomorrow on this sugar high.  Say, let me try the Avocado Gelatto rolly-thing, that looks delicious."

Sindy: Anything you want, you are a real doll for helping me. Now, I have to get everything to school for my final grade. Now, to begin working on my food van. I have all my recipes, just need to get my van ready to go. (Future DIY food van episodes---beginning soon.)

(PS I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian cook, this is just what Sindy chose...? I've been assured all these recipe's may be possible, though. Much of the food is delicious erasers from Target, cookies are Sculpey clay/fabric paint/glitter, and plastic miniatures from assorted thrift store goody-bags.)
Sindy is a Katniss Barbie, Aidan is a 2004 are rescues from a thrift store.

I'll be happy to answer any comments or questions!
(any corrections are welcomed also.) 

All the opinions and photographs on this blog are my own, unless otherwise stated. 

 I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions
 or products shown, or from where I shop. 

The dolls shown are from my own and the Grand's collection. 
Clothes are vintage or made by myself. Occasionally, I falter and buy something new.

PLEASE do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission, but Pin away!
Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle

I'll be sharing at these fine parties:

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.