BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras Barbie

 Ad-Free Blog

Laissez les bons temps rouler

"Let the Good Times Roll"

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Though Mardi Gras has been cancelled in New Orleans, this Barbie decided to don her costume, some great sandals, a face mask and march around outside her apartment.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Complete with beads, she is ready to P-A-R-T-Y!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Her costume is from the Rockette's, but is perfect for Mardi Gras! (It's been packed up for a long time, so it needs to loosen up a little...shake it to the music~!)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

"If you can't dance like no one is watching for Mardi Gras, when can you?"

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Dim the lights and put on the spots...sparkle and dance!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

She's wearing her highest platforms for dancing, and...

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I thought she would be able to dance on her stand...but, 'no' she is still floating in the air even with these high platforms. Mattel????

barbieoldnewgreenredo

"Fat Tuesday, I think I will have a Sazerac cocktail. 
Kick off my shoes, and won't you join me!" 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"


Doll: FAO Schwarz Barbie Joins the Rockettes,  1997 

Outfit: from above

Beads (cutdown and melted together) and mask- play foam and plastic jewels, glitter glue, ribbon, by me.

Shoes: Platforms look like Mattel

Diorama: 2-12" cake columns, miscellaneous plants in pots, 2 pieces of brick 12x12" paper, image from Universal Mardi Gras parade  (not even New Orleans) with a float, background a plastic ceiling tile.


Thanks for viewing and feel free to ask me any questions or inquiries, and I will get back to you. 







3 comments:

  1. Your girl looks like she's having a great time Sandi, shake those tail feathers loose! Love your mask and beads:@) My Fat Tuesday excitement was clearing the driveway of the last of the snow preparing for the next storm on Thursday... ugh. I hope you do enjoy one of those drinks, Happy Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I did the post yesterday and last night, and just activated it this morning. THEN< I went out and removed the latest layer of snow of our 45" total since Christmas...and even shoveled to the birdfeeders s they were empty! It's crazy everywhere with snow this year, hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. Aw, I'm so glad...this winter on top of everything else is very wearing, so I'll be posting a lot..who can't be happy playing with dolls! HUGS, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.