BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Russell views progress in the Victorian Mansion

 AD-Free Blog

In the shop, the custom door for the Victorian Mansion is in the works. Since spray painting isn't being done because of cold temps, Russell had the door clad with vinyl, and a stained glass window installed for privacy.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Stained Glass Pink door window directions here: 

Materials and Tools:
Plastic door from a Barbie/Doll closet 
    (this was hacksawed off leaving the rods and 'hinge'         plastic in place---sanding  the edges smooth.
Sandpaper
Alcohol 
Cue-tips
Scissors
Cutting tool
Vinyl self-stick paper (non-permanent) (Contact paper)      as I'm planning on spray painting this piece in                 warmer temps.
Paint marker pens-I used white and Black
Printed photo of stained glass on paper or vellum
Modge-podge or Liquitex Satin Varnish(I used this)
Smooth nylon/synthetic flat brush at least 5/8" wide
white duct(k) tape

Clean the entire door/window frame with alcohol using cue tips to get into crevices and corners. 

Place larger print of stained glass on the backside it will be attached to, tape in place-score with your fingernail along the edge of glass frame to get a pattern. Cut the shape out with scissors just a tiny bit outside your scoring.(This gives you some wiggle room)

Stick on the vinyl-- cutting and fitting as you go, slowly. Trim center out around the glass area.
Use painting pens to touch up along hinges, and door knobs. Also paint on the back glass side the 'plastic' color showing through (PINK)of the frame in front. Also paint any areas showing pink around your cuts. Touch up any areas with paint now. Let completely dry.

Paint backside of glass with a quick coat of varnish  or modge-podge. I used the varnish on this project. Place the 'stained' glass carefully on the varnish and brush from the center out with dry brush. When smooth---apply two coats of varnish. The paper may bubble and stretch---smooth these out with gentle wet brushing. This small piece wasn't too bad to do...and it will dry completely clear!

I inserted bottom rod in original 'door' hole, and then the piece of white duct taped slipped between the door and the moveable middle spindles. Attach sticky side to spindles then to the right on the wall, and on the back piece to the other side outside. (No one ever sees the  outside of this house.) The white duck(t) tape blends into the white walls.



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Russell: Well, Ladies, what do you think? (Still pale pink from the magenta showing through the white vinyl on this door. 

(Again, I will remove paper and spray paint this in Spring, meanwhile, for now the PINK is gone!)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: The door is beautiful and no longer pink...YAY!  Say we have pizza on order, you want to join us, Mr. Pittman?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Belle: We ordered extra, since we still aren't cooking. We are waiting on how Richelle decides to do the kitchen for the showing. So Take-Out and delivery is our only food?

Russell: Sure thanks! You have all been super during this construction. We are definitely close to the finish. Tomorrow the plumber is coming to install the shower, the parts finally came.  I think Richelle said she is staging here on Thursday. Is there anything else that you can think of that needs to be done?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Mulan: Well the closet still isn't done in the second bedroom, and the closet door here? 

Russell: Thanks, already noted, the closet upstairs should go in tomorrow, and the door too! Thanks for inviting me for dinner---I'm running between three projects right now--and sitting down to dinner is a real novelty.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Foofie:(I'm so confused---where is my small human-Chelsea?)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: I'll be moving to the Grand View as soon as Lara moves to the penthouse with her Aunt. I'm taking her condo. It will be convenient to be right above the bakery, I'll be able to check on the baking in the evenings, since Jamie is finishing his degree with evening classes now. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Russell: Well, with all these changes I'm sure, you all will find great places to live when the mansion is sold. Richelle said she has ten showings lined up for next weekend, if we get this all ready to go. And the photos aren't even up on the site, yet.

Belle: Wow, well we have to get situated soon then since everything moves so fast now.  I put my stuff in storage as I'm starting a tour in March with Disney's Frozen stage production. I'm kinda excited! We are starting rehearsals this week.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Belle: I'll miss this house, we've all had lots of good times, here. And I'll miss the friends I've made. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Foofie: (My humans are leaving? I don't like all this change?)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: Belle, you can crash with me when you are in town, I'm putting in a double bed, just in case! 

Belle: That would be great!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Russell: Well, thanks, ladies have a good night, and see you tomorrow, sometime! 

Next: Back to the Townhouse
If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 




7 comments:

  1. Love the stained glass door, that's a pretty design:@) Poor Foofie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn. I finally found her...and she wasn't happy at all! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. I love the door! I think Russell looks just like Tom Selleck!
    xo, Lisa S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, He does sort of...he's an old GI joe...not a whimpy old Ken!

      Delete
  3. Oh, how pretty the stained glass is! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 71. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much---great way to honor the 'history' of the house and give privacy---grins, Sandi

      Delete
  4. LOL, Linda...isn't that something---he really does. When I get back to stories he will have his and hers own storyline...? Who will it be???
    Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.