BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Trish's in Winter!


Ad-Free Blog
Trish: Today we were finally able to get clear paths to the greenhouse. I think I've used two bags of salt already.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I have to check and make sure everything is OKAY inside.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The sun is actually shining, but it is still only 10 degrees and with a WIND CHILL, I don't want to know. It is the Windy City after all. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Inside: Wow! It is warmer in here with the sunshine, almost blinding.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Cacti are semi hardy, thank goodness, and my little succulents are trying to bloom.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

We've been keeping branches for budding and hardy plants out here with lots of supplies and new decorative pieces coming in for Spring.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

These new gnomes will be fun in the garden center.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Everything seems to be fine...

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Our new door and heater here in the greenhouse has done it's job. We will have to get some seedlings started in February.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Cam: I hope we don't get a lot more snow, there's no place to put it. 
Trish: If it gets worse, my brother will bring in a mini plow, a dump truck and pull it all out of here, if this frozen stuff gets softer.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Inside the shop, the gals check all the plants and flowers. Luckily, the power didn't go out in the storms.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Trish: The shop is in between seasons right now. Too early for Valentine's Day...so we are accenting with naturals right now.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

A bit of color in the coolers and the floral selections, perfect for freshening up your decor. Homes feel so empty after the holidays. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

On the counter is Lucky Bamboo and a nice change this time of year, and grows in any light! 

Cam: I'll water everything, Trish! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo
 

Cam: Do we have many orders to fill? 

Trish: I'll have to double check the online orders, I hope we have what we need. 
There's the phone now!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Nine hours later, dusk settles and the gals are outside after locking up.

Cam: Well we had two customers today?  Is that normal?

Trish: No, but it's so cold, but supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Thanks for all your help, we'll be ready for Valentine's Day with you prepping all those containers.

We do have a wedding next week, so that will keep us busy. Twenty eight tables if I remember right. I'm ordering everything tomorrow. Let's get out of the cold and I'll treat for Chinese, if you want! 

Cam: Sure Trish! I'm freezing and Kung Pow Chicken sounds nice and warm.


New items in the Greenhouse.

Snow is stuffing.
Bamboo plants from a gift for Christmas
Gnomes from a thrift store.
Mini pots from my craft stashes from 20 years ago. 
All containers are from thrift stores. 
Cute Burro planter was a thrift find.
Mini succulent plants gift from Christmas
New door on greenhouse made from foam core, wood grain contact paper and duct tape handle/hinge.

Greenhouse itself was an Ikea kit  from a thrift store, altered and heightened. 

Flower Shop construction began HERE.

This set up is one of my favorite things to play with,  and I will be sharing post at Doll Divas Boardhost, a wonderful group of doll lovers and sharers. If you are interested, take a peek. 

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 











4 comments:

  1. I love all your little miniatures! This is actually the time of year when many cacti and succulents start to bloom! People who don't have greenhouses tend to enter them into the Philly Flower Show. I am looking at mine and deciding what will go into the show. I'm about to start seeds too. That burro planter is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...here in Chicago...the botanic gardens features Orchids in February, but the cacti start blooming around Christmas, of course this is in the dome greenhouses. And they are so interesting! I have oodles of gorgeous cacti photos. Thanks for visiting, and someone in blogland always does the Philly show which of course is the QUEEN!

      Delete
  2. You really captured winter in the Midwest! I'm always in awe at your attention to detail as well as all the teeny weeny stuff you have. (You could say that about me as well...with all the clothes and accessories I possess! LOL) Deep down we are still children at play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are 100% correct...play is something delicious in older years. I used the Grand as an excuse to start all this, and now she just (at 11) rolls her eyes at me. They need to make a pre-teen doll that rolls its eyes. Yes, the Midwest is pretty beastly right now---we have warmed up and it is Fog Soup out there! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.