BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Being Snowed OUT and IN!

 Ad-Free Blog

2024 Snow, SNOw, SNOW!  (All New Photos)

    The entire Chicagoland area is covered with snow. The dolls are all stuck at home, well almost everyone. 

Trish and her assistant, Cam, are out trying to salt. But, they have given up as the plows haven't come by yet, nor their maintenance service. Trish's Garden Center is closed like everything else!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Camillia (Cam): I had no idea there was this much snow, seems it all swirled and landed right here in the Garden Center.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Trish: Yep, I think salting is futile until  the maintenance crew gets here. We surely can't open. Long as we are here, let's slog to the back and clean the coolers and the workshop, okay? Maybe start on inventory---it will be great to not be interrupted.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Cam: Sure Trish, I really don't want to walk back to the apartment anyway. You have me as long as you want since all my classes are cancelled. 


Down the street....

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...at Barbie and Ken's, it's so peaceful with all the snow. 
The backyard is buried in pristine white.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

The kitchen is all clean, even the refrigerator.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The table was busy for the holidays. Grampa and Grandma White have left for Florida and the Christmas decorations have all been put away until next year.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The living room is peaceful, 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Upstairs, Chelsea plays with Foofie. and enjoys her day off from school.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Chelsea: I bet you want to go outside, Foofie?

Foofie: UH-uh! (Shaking, NO!)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Dr. Ken just finished a 36 hour shift at the hospital. So many accidents and injuries in the ER with the snowstorm.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie isn't working at her desk....

barbieoldnewgreenredo

She's curled up with her favorite book online, and Ken's pup, Hairy, is sound asleep at her side.
This is a  Perfect winter day off!

Down the street at Rob and Chris's it's a warm cozy home in the remodeled Victorian.
barbieoldnewgreenredo

Chris: So you will have all day off with the storm, what do you want to do tomorrow that doesn't involve driving?

Rob: I'm glad this storm happened on a weekend, we have three days to dig out!

Scooter: I'll help, I want to sledding if we can in the park.

Skipper: Me too!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Skipper: Where's Fat Cat?...we are eating and he isn't here begging for food.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Chris: I caught him digging in the garbage in the bathroom and scolded him. I'm sure he is sulking somewhere.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Fat Cat: (I never sulk, I get even---that report looks tasty in the printer????)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Skipper: I want to go sledding in the park tomorrow, too. Maybe make some snow angels. 

Rob: How about a snowball fight?

Chris: Sure, girls against YOU!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Chris: I really just want to watch movies!

barbieoldnewgreenredo
 

Fat Cat:( I wonder if the girls left any snacks in their room....I'll go look!)
barbieoldnewgreenredo


(Now where would they have snacks?)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Rob: Well if it keeps snowing, we will get to do everything you want. That snow is really piling up against the glass windows though...Hmmmmmmmm?

(To be continued)

How's the White Stuff in your neck of the woods? 
We got 10-12" out in suburban Chicagoland! 

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 


6 comments:

  1. Cute post! Philly keeps getting teased with the possibility of snow, but nothing really so far. Maybe 1-3" into tomorrow, we'll see:@) Stay warm and be careful shoveling!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought of you last night...sorry for the loss...and a little snow is always a fresh look for winter...hate that gray brown black world when it's bare. Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. It has snowed here in Philly! So I really am getting into your snow scene. Looking at your Victorian house makes me feel bad about not working on mine. I love that you have added lights to yours. I think that must make a real difference for photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ms. Leo. YES lighting is definitely a plus and even for enjoying it yourself. I have multiple posts on lighting---you can search and pull up all the DIY's. I'm slowly working on removing battery lights, as they burn oup so many batteries, but that is hard for sure! Thanks for visiting! Sandi

      Delete
  3. I so enjoy your story line and looking at all the detail you have so meticulously created. I am working on simple dollhouse minis to sell at the annual train/dollhouse show at the Augusta, ME armory in mid-Feb. Housework will be there. At least washing dishes helps get the glue and paint off my hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Yes, it's bad when you want to wash your hair, just to get your nails clean...LOL.Great luck with your show. I did art and craft shows for almost 40 years...and it is so exhausting, exciting and exhilarating all the same time! I'm hoping to up my mini sales on my etsy shop this year, if I ever get some major time to work on them. Thanks for visiting, Sandi

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.