BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Tales of a Number FOUR Barbie, a Love Story


Ad-Free Blog

It's no secret I'm a $THRIFT$ shopper, but I seldom fall in love with anything, be it antiques, clothing or dolls. BUT THIS TIME...it was love at first sight$$$$$$


Yesterday, I needed to do the Post Office, get a haircut and definitely hit the GoodWill. Very low in stock, I really didn't hold out a lot of hope as I roamed the aisles. But, in the toy aisle tossed amongst all the mutilated Disney girls and a few playlines were these toes sticking out.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Hmmmmm, intrigued I grabbed the doll prepared for a WEIRD Disaster Barbie, and a heavy body followed. I figured she might be a reproduction I had never held before. She had a normal naked doll price sticker???? confusion on that one.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I squinted in the dim light in that aisle---and well, I knew it was a Barbie, but...not until I got outside in the car and blew up the photo and could clearly see 
the Pats Pending CMLVIII (1958)
This is the photo after enhancing, she was so clean you couldn't see the letters until I way upped the contrast and deepened the shadows.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The orangey/yellow hair threw me a bit,  but, she was gorgeous with (slightly dirty and discolored face), very intact everywhere, straight legs, No.4....I figured she had to be a 4 or 5. 1960 to 62? For real she is a no.4 with the braided ponytail and probably was dressed in Senior Prom #951, and probably 1960-61since she has the heavy solid torso.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Her legs are tight and straight, no wobbly ankles. She had been used, but perhaps just for display and then stored for a very long time.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

NO GREEN ANYWHERE! Her face is a bit greasy which is common with these dolls, but I'm sure we can get her clean and de-greased. Only a teeny-bit of black is missing on the right eye, and then the missing lip color.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Nothing on the neck, her arms work and hold a pose, no gashes or discolorations... and her hair was rumpled because the bands were gone, thankfully not disintegrated and all stuck in the hair. The texture is firmer than my no.3, but still the soft, soft type of hair.

Each of the hair hanks for the originally braid are clearly still there, so freshening should be easy if I am super gentle, and the curled bangs will be fine when redone.

Pinterest

Here's what her hair should/will look like. I can't wait to get her cleaned up and touch up those lips and that one eye. Some dolls were very tightly braided, but, I love this style and will do that, an the shiny blonde should look great.

 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Gorgeous nails and hands. No teething, scrapes or stains on these at all.

barbieoldnewgreenredo
Not even stained feet, but clearly marked Japan. Look at those classic calves.

PHEW...I hope your heart is beating a bit faster, I know mine is.

Here's Senior Prom #951, Mattel made this dress through 1963. Now, I have to look for one, it has been on my wish list for awhile anyway! 
Photo from Fashion doll guide.com

Fashion doll Guide is a great source for identification of vintage Barbies and resources.

Honestly,  I really had a heart attack..right there in the parking lot. 
But, thankfully not, but it was with a BIG SMILE! 
This will definitely be a
BarbieOldNewGreenRedo Project.


HOW"S YOUR THRIFTING GOING?

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 











4 comments:

  1. Very fun! Looks like Barbara's sister for your story line:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's cleaning up very well! Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing store. And to think....what a "life" she must have had. (Too bad she can't talk. I'm sure her journey is interesting.) And somehow.....she made it all the way to you! I know you'll take care of her and cherish her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So strange, she was the only thing worth anything on the three doll shelves, and not too deep in the pile. I hope to begin cleaning her tomorrow...! Thanks for visiting...she has a different coloring and shall look fab in warm colors!

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.