BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

What's on my Desk February 1, 2024

 First I have to explain, I have a desk and two work tables. Today I'm showing just the one desk and the main table. 

I've been sorting, cleaning, organizing---and just pulled out three picnic baskets and one tote labeled dolls to sell. Granted these are not all going to get sold. I think I may/will redo some.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

I am planning to re-body some. Problem is the skin tones. UGH! And look at those FLAT FEET....LOL.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I have to check and see if I have this dude in the dark hair...I know I have Rob..blond who lives in the refurbished Victorian with wife/Chris and the two kids.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The gal in the red dress is an off-brand doll, but the dress is cool, and she's kinda cute.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I think I was saving this gal for a rebody if I already have her.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This colorful parachute skirt, opens whether you want it to or not? It has a spring mechanism, but her top is painted on---so she will be gone.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Some TNT's  and a few rubber legs---not my favorite. I like the gal in the middle, but I may have another one, will double check tomorrow.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Hmmm, part of the head brigade. Will assess whether to hang on to them or use them for craft projects. 
The Nikki Rockersz(see farther on) had a cracked neck on her body---I will be in search of the correct one at thrift stores.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Non-Mattel, or Princess dolls. Definitely will find these a new home, very good condition though. No one is dirty, they were probably displayed in a case.



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Did a photo shoot with Rehyna in blue, with a bit of new makeup. She's named after my d-in-laws sister, dead ringer. The blonde is the story below.

barbieoldnewgreenredo
I also worked on a couple of dolls. This gal is a 1991 Birthday Surprise Super Star  had been tossed on a shelf---gorgeous and pristine, except the scrambled and totally matted back of her hair. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

 I combed it out and it was so fine and lost the curl, so I put her in curlers and photo'd her before the hot water.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I undressed her...and gave her a very hot water soak--for under a minute, not boiling..her hair was too fine for that treatment. I also did a Marilyn doll who was dirty who I actually had to rebody, because the dirt wouldn't come off. I'm counting on her dress shrinking, so she should look fine in the dress.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Here they are gossiping the next day with their curls still drying out.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Marilyn in her new body and clean hair.  Her dress will be another post, if it works.\
This is what she and the dress are supposed to look like:

item sold online no source

from a sold post online. I should be able to replace any stones missing. I have everything else including shoes.

Back to Barbie.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie with her new hairdo...rollers and 40 seconds in hot tap water, not boiling.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

She has that super fine hair, so I'm just going to comb the roots and twist the curls.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I had kept the twisted braid on the top the way it was. Very pretty doll for that HAIRY time period and pristine. I think there were a gazillion made, but maybe someone will want her.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I think this one was removed from her box before tossing on the thrift store shelf...reason her hair was so tangled.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Marilyn gets another redo---and more hot water. I'm trying some hairpins to control her curls. Her hair is very strong saran and really took the curl. I actually re-bodied her with a playline recent body that was a good skin match.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Some other purchases from the thrift store. Chelsea is here for reference. Neither one of these guys is full-size. I had to research the guy on the left, he's a Zac Efron doll from HS Musical 2008, also saw him referred to as Troy. 
The guy on the right is Ben from Descendants Royal Wedding by Disney..but so cute. He has a dopey uniform type outfit. They are both about the size of BTS dolls.
I'll be keeping both of these guys. 
barbieoldnewgreenredo

I think he is really cute, excellent condition and fully articulated, hard to find young boys...that are different. I think they will be perfect size for the Olsen twins who are larger than the Stacey series of B dolls.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

On my little work desk, is my Christmas card from Angela in my doll online group---We got materials to make these three little projects...such a good idea to send bits and pieces. I added my own touch with some lace, rhinestones and ribbon.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Angela sent lots of bits and pieces the cookies and candy were detailed and adorable. The little elf face was so cute! I'm sorry I didn't get at them before Christmas. 

Also recently I found and I was really excited for Nikki from the Rockers, 
1979-82 ish.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I looked at some photos, and thought I would try and see if her hair was okay to remove from the braid. I gently unwound the hair, and the neck cracked.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

On closer inspection, the neck had been cracked and repaired on the inside. Her head wasn't even really on the way it should be. Now the repair had failed, and her head would have to be immobile on her body and sunk down, so she would have this squatty look.  I will search for a different matching body. Downside is she is very pale, and I'm sure it will take awhile. I waited three years to find a matching body for my 50's Barbie, who had melting legs inside her box...another pale girl.
But now I know what I'm going to be looking for.

So that's quite a bit, for the last two days or so....I've been keeping busy! 

What's on your Dolly Desk? 

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 




4 comments:

  1. Had to chuckle at the 'heads' pic... Reminded me of when I bought a bag of Barbie heads from China, quite the adventure! Love the shiny blue dress! Have fun:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's hard to pass up nice dolls for so little.I really sometimes buy them for the clothes, but I really have to stop soon...LOL. Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. Oh my oh my oh my!!!!!!! Your Marilyn doll will look fabulous when you finish restoring her. I have a few of those old Barbies. I also have Kens. My best one...James Bond Ken, had a really funky body. I wanted to rebody him to something more masculine but the head won't fit on any new Ken bodies nor the IT Homme doll bodies. And so..... He had an operation! I put him on an older Homme body, glued his head down and tried to shave down the plastic. It's not pretty....and he won't be going to the beach any time soon. But...in a suit and shirt....it works for me! LOL! My bedroom is my doll room/ work room. Well...at least I'm in good company! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, on the comment, "It's not pretty", I have two favorite guys I'm trying to find compatible bodies for. I'm blessed and cursed with space...so I need to be more selective. Marilyn got a new body, and the dress is still waiting for creative pressing! But, her hair is shiny and gorgeous...thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.