BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Air Conditioning is off at the HFIM house.

AD-Free Blog

It's August in Chicagoland. The one-hundred and fifteen year old HFIM house is still being remodeled. And, for the second time this summer the house is without power and airconditioning and it's 94 outside and humid.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie: My goodness, I think I'm going to melt. Can't we fill the pool?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: No, no power for the filters and my battery on my laptop is almost done, I'll have to go down to the cafe and plug in there.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Rory: Sindy most of the block is without power. Our super-duper Airconditioner man---blew the whole block. When is it going to be fixed? At least we have clean dishes, I ran them last night. Lucky the fridge is empty, I was going shopping this afternoon.

Sindy: My email says ETA by 6PM. Where are the kids...? I'm dripping on my comp! Yech!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Up in the guys' room and patio---the preteens have found a way to stay cool with the rooftop breeze off the lake.  The are having a good time, despite no video games or TV.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Carly: Hi guys, say I can have four of you stay at our place tonight. Vickie is still gone and Zoe went home to Canada for a week. I'm all alone. We have room for four and more if someone wants to sleep on the floor.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

 Midge: That might be a possibility. Thanks, Carly. When are Vickie and Joe coming back? 

Carly: Should be by Friday! A note from the resort said they were staying an extra week. Just as well, construction on the store is still flummoxed. Something about the stairs and ceiling struts not being code. 

Out in the yard, everyone is deciding what to do.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Nemo: Well, too bad we can't fill the pool. The pump wouldn't be working though.

Stephan: Yea, no milk either. I'm starving. Should we go find some food?



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Ian:I'm in for food. 

Ryan: Well this air-conditioning thing is going to set back the budget again. We aren't ever going to finish this house.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Aidan: It's not too bad in the basement apartments, if you like living by candlelight. I'm in for food.

barbieoldnewgreenredo
                                      

Aidan: Let's go---we aren't getting anything done sitting here. How about a movie after food?




barbieoldnewgreenredo

Ryan: Thanks, Aidan but, we are sticking with the parents now that Richelle is here.

Richelle: Phew! It was bad at the worksite, too. The construction foreman is waiting on the new struts. Hi, Mom and Dad. Looks like you have been shopping. Levi's???


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Todd and Karen (Richelles Parents) are from way up north in Wisconsin.

Todd:  And, yea, I found my favorite 'Levi's'. And, your mom bought out the store.

Karen: Well, all we wear is denim, LOL.  Let's go get lunch somewhere with air-conditioning. We could talk about the delayed wedding, again?

Todd: And, we have to leave tomorrow. How about you two staying with us at the hotel, tonight?

barbieoldnewgreenredo


Richelle: (She looks dumfounded) Um, sure, that would be okay, lunch I mean. I look a fright. Wearing a hardhat really doesn't help melting hair. But, let's go and I can show you sketches of my latest projects. 

Ryan: Maybe the air will be fixed by tonight, but lunch sounds good.

Always stuff going on at the Home For Impoverished Millennials (HFIM) house.

Everyone but the kiddies are in Denim for theme on Doll Divas. 

All my dolls shown today are rescues, except for Richelle, who was purchased new and gifted a rescued articulated body.

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.

Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

 Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 

Sharing at these Ad Free blog parties-with ads not in the middle of the blog (I'm going to try and see if this is possible)

Friday Favorites Link

Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle
Sandi








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.