BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

HFIM House:Bad weather, Valentines, and News.

Ad-free Blog
The HFIM house was full on a snow day---the little gals are making Valentines, and...

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie:Hey, Sis, I don't think you want to try and drive home now. It's horrid out. Why don't you stay for pizza.

Chris:I think so, we can stay overnight if need be? Let's go finish our coffee, while the pizzas are baking.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: These late shift hours are killing me...what time is it? Oh, Mulan you're back!


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Mulan Kyori: Hello, Sindy, I've been back since last Friday. It's amazing so many people in this house and you never see anyone because of schedules.

Chris: Hi, Mulan, I'm Barbie's sister, Chris from California. The twins in the kitchen are mine, we moved to Chicago when you were in China.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Is this a big weather change for you, too? I'm always cold.

barieoldnewgreenredo

Mulan: Why yes, Chris, I was in Guangdong province the last month and it was very warm. The ice storm today is quite nasty. Lake Shore Drive is closed because of an overpass weakness---and the buses are, how you say---jammed up?


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: Ice storm, oh, gosh---I have to go to work by 10, I hope they have it cleared. I was hoping the bad weather would miss us. These two jobs are killing me. I can't wait until the Hotel opens and the bakery cafe is all mine.

Barbie:I wonder how that is going? Lara said they dropped the floors almost two feet, but still have walls to take down and rebuild.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: I peeked in the windows two days ago---the floors were being laid with tile...awesome tile, actually. Has anyone seen Richelle? She's the interior consultant on the Hotel.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Mulan: I received a text from her this morning. Seems there is some architectural artifact found at the Grand Hotel, I've been asked to assess, date, and document, whatever it is. Seems quite mysterious, something to do with a World's Fair and a speakeasy.

Barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie: Well, it could be either Fair, 1893 or 1935. I understand the building is from 1892? I was in there with Sindy, it's a huge space. New construction can only be an asset to the neighborhood instead of being boarded up.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Mulan: I did a bit of preliminary research---it has quite a history--some, how do you say, unlawful and mysterious? Seems it was built by a woman, a widow, with a penchant for design. She was on the Woman's Building committee for the Columbia Exposition, and collected art and artifacts. 

The building itself was an illegal bar during prohibition, and perhaps, how do you say a 'house of ill repute' and maybe more.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: Well, mysterious or not---it's my dream to have my own bakery and coffee shop right here in our neighborhood.  It can't happen too soon.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Chris: I hope what ever it is, doesn't hold up your plans, Sindy.

Sindy: Me too! I think I have almost seventy orders to complete by Thursday. Phew! And, I really need to make an appointment with Richelle for after Valentine's Day, to choose colors for the interiors.  The floors look like they are white, gray, and blue!


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Chris: Well, here's the pizza. 
Mulan: My first pizza in nine months, I can't wait. And, Sindy, I will tell you when we find more on the mysteries.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie: Rory got these pizzas from Nemo's school. They were selling them for a fund raiser and they are delicious.  Don't forget Game Night next Saturday---then we can all see each other. I think we have fifteen signed up. And, we are going to have Chili! And, everyone have a Happy Valentine's Day



barbieoldnewgreenredo

More news: Foofie and all her surprise Valentine's puppies....adoption anyone?

 will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.


 Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 

Sharing at these fine blog parties-

Thursday Favorite Things



Thank you for your cooperation, 
Sandi Magle


barbieoldnewgreenredo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.