BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Vintage Doll Finds Summer 2019

I may have not been able to thrift shop/garage sale---but there always is the internet for Vintage  FINDS! Please excuse the backgrounds. I needed to sit down for most of this...so major settings, weren't in the plan. LOTS OF OLD IN THIS POST---I'll try and identify where I can.



barbieoldnewgreenredo

I did bid on this 1987
source ebay pinterest

vintage patio set----in perfect condition...box was a bit roughed up, but you would be to if you were shuffled around for ...years.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

I did add the water bottles and doughnuts for some extra color...but the rest is original.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

What I really like is these aren't faded and a bit taller then many sets---large enough for Ken dolls to look comfortable! Over inch above the ground.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Another fun thing for the Kens is the paddle ball game...I found at the dollar store. I did venture in with my husband when he drove me in July. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I'm using it in a diorama, it really works and you have to defend or hit the ball with the paddles by pulling the levers---even Ken's might be able to fake that.
barbieoldnewgreenredo

I try and pick up anything that can be used for floral arrangements. These are the perfect size and came together in a mixed bag-super cheap. 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

This was a crazy mixed up goody-bag at a thrift store, except for the fruit and dishes from the patio set. Some really odd stuff. I buy mixed bags if I see 2 or 3 things in it I really want. In this case it was the toilet-which makes this a GOLD-Bag---they are so scarce, a big suitcase, electric keyboard and the pooper scooper---
I think it is probably horse related, lol. 
I have a horse stall, that was stripped when I got it,  I think vegetable basket, the blue tray, might be part of that.
 Love the gas tank for a grill, too. 
That will come in handy.  


barbieoldnewgreenredo

 The square right thing is for exercise equipment, I think, we will see. The hat---is a 1993 Disney Mattel Mary Poppins hat--I think I will straighten it out and see if anyone might want it. The barbie belt I haven't found yet, but assume it's from the 90's or early 2000's. I might redo it, for a fun door prize at my Barbie Club.



barbieoldnewgreenredo

I got a few mixed orders on Ebay and one on Etsy. Different Ken clothes are hard to find reasonable. The (McHammer?) pants and some tee shirts, are all in pretty good shape, some just need a wash. 

The tux suit was in pretty good shape...and black pants are always needed. The blue shirt is home-sewn-just needs the seams trimmed and the facings tacked down.


barbieoldnewgreenredo
The girls bags were really mixed. I have no idea where the jumpsuit is from...thinking maybe not Barbie, it has no lable, but is very well made and detailed. If anyone knows...please contact me.
 I thought maybe Charlie's angels, but nothing came up in a search for that.
Another heavy satin pink gown(I'll redo--lame trim on it), but in very good condition...a sparkly one-two short costumes?or winter outfits, and a cute sundress, nicely made--probably is unmarked Barbie-has velcro in the back, but I love the fabric, a heavy knit with nice detail.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This Barbie Pink Sensations dress-1987?, the jacket has melted arms-it's really disgusting. I'm going to try and remake the sleeves in white satin.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

How many glittery ruched dresses did Barbie have, I think I have a dozen or so, all different. I'm not going to waste time looking for, but it is in perfect shape. There were two cute purses in the batch, this lavender glitter one and beige one, I missed in the pic.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Rocker jacket this is in such good condition, I'm going to call it from 2008, I've seen it paired with those pants? Not sure what went under the jacket. The beach dress is from Glitter Hair Barbie 1993..it came in three colors and three different doll versions. 
I had no luck finding the skirt, and the generic tricot top, and the rocker top---actually might be kens? 



barbieoldnewgreenredo

A clone peignoir set in excellent condition---except for neck straps and easy redo and easily replaced. And, one of those 1997 Flower Fun Barbie Dress...this one has an undamaged 'flower' on it.

There were a few more plain skirts, jeans, shorts, and some generic hand sewn pieces in these batches. 

This is the good stuff---I easily have more than this, that needs attention: washing, mending, fasteners or all the above...still waiting to be washed and see what is salvageable. 

This was my 'stuck at home' phase...I do have a bunch of furniture I bought before I hurt my knee--it was in the trunk of the car and I forgot about it...I will have to include in another post!

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, unless otherwise noted. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.

 Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 

Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

I'm visiting these great blog parties:
Vintage Charm
Talk of the Town
Happiness is Homemade


Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle
Sandi




5 comments:

  1. Very successful shopping. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great finds, lovin' the two sundresses (orange/gold and daisy)! I've been eyeing those dollar store toys too, thinking hard about the pool table:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn for stopping by. Hmmm, I'll have to look again--they didn't have any pool tables at DT when I was there. Next post I'm using the table I did buy, though. Yes, I love the orange dress, I'm using it on a teen Skipper next post!

      Delete
  3. If you can believe, I used to sew Barbie clothes for my two girls' dolls--never again, lol! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, anything to save money---and keep them from being Too label conscious. I have a Barbie shirtwaist with sort-of finished buttonholes, I hand stitched, and thought it was really hot stuff! LOL

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.