BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Burning the Midnight Oil at Trish's Flower Shop.

Ad-Free Blog

(Trish has been working very hard and burning the midnight oil to get ready for opening tomorrow, but first she filmed a post for her website.)


Come on in for a sneak peek. Of course we are getting ready for Valentine's Day---but we just had 8" of new snow, it like dusted for 4 days here in Chicago.


I've always loved doing the window first! We have a pink, red, and purple theme going on here.


Glass bottles or Demi-johns are still a great choice for minimalist decor, here just a few roses and some tulips with greens. 


Of course there are lots of ROSES and HEARTS!


I did do a Faux rose wreath for outside, but it's so cold out now!


I try to have one statement piece in the shop---this is also done with faux flowers and some dried products.


My shop is small, but I have a huge backroom and an office to work with clients. Now that Covid is over there is LOTS of Wedding Work...and my dates are filling up fast for 2023.

This display wall has fresh flowers, plants, candles and accessories. Of course we have free cards for any purchase and my wild flower seeds.


The new iridescent vases just came in---as did the candles below. Scents from top shelf, Heartnotes(smells like candy hearts, and lower left to right are 
Hot Heart(Spicy Cinnamon), Kisses in the Dark(Sandlwood and Patchouli), and ForgetMeNot (mixed floral), all perfect for the month of February!


I keep a kettle of fresh flowers here, and that is a very pink metal pot.


The cooler is full of flowers for the theme and ready made fresh arrangements. We will be doing lots of custom work for Valentine's Day, but also for other customers.


My faux tulips and roses make a great statement for the season!


I also have two coolers in the back room, full of finished arrangements and lots of materials and flowers for orders. I have a new gal who has been madly working for me, she's great. So, tomorrow I can man the desk and meet with all my friends and everyone who walks in. 


I think we are ready...all the new electrical in the back seems to be working and the new desk and work wall is a dream. Russell installed more outlets and some new overhead LED lighting which is wonderful, because it is natural and doesn't change the colors of flowers or ribbons at all----YAY!



I think we are ready????


Thanks for viewing on my website, I hope to see you tomorrow!


Come pick out something for your Sweetheart tomorrow!


TONIGHT is my last night in St. Charles, 
tomorrow night I sleep in my new apartment at the GrandView.
Phew, but now a long drive home and special thanks to Ian for taking all the photos my website.

(More SHOP PREVIEWS-NEXT)


The Nitty Gritty: Materials and Sources

Trish's Shop: cardboard, contact paper, scrapbook paper bricks, floor-cut scrapbook paper planks, acrylic windows with wood outside trim, doors hand made and painted, plastic interior trim, lighting a globe mini light strand,  

All fixtures are made by me:
Cooler-a drawer divider with added shelves and lighting. Track is plastic channel with real sliding acrylic doors.

Cabinetry is all made from phone boxes and contact paper, and scrapbook paper accents.

Floral Arrangements
Roses and flowers: Paper Roses and tulips(Aliexpress), others are different materials, greens are cut from a variety of faux greenery from Michaels or thrift stores (I also have a huge stash of floral products)

Containers: Glass bottles from $$ store, Michaels or thrift stores, acrylic bead filler (I also use these for ice)

Vases:drawer knobs, bottle caps, glass bottles, tin, and thrifted mini's 
porcelain vases circa 1950 porcelain and red pot from thrift stores.

Candles---(faux) glass, washi tapes, and matching bottle caps trays. 

Printed Materials: printed from the internet, size adjusted to be 1:6.

I use hot glue at the moment and wire, floral foam with moss as a coverup to make my arrangements, because I'm in an unventilated environment. Alene's tacky glue is another possibility. All arrangements are anchored with sticky foam or tape to the shelves---for sanity sake.

Trish (Mattel Jurassic Park) and mis-matched outfit is from thrift store finds. 

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at FOLLOW IT---in the upper right hand corner of this blog.






4 comments:

  1. This really turned out well! I love the photo of Trish looking through the window. It is very romantic. The cooler is phenomenon! Will you take it out of the corner for photos? Do you tape items down for photos? Do you use items for multiple dioramas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, again Ms.Leo. My favorite friend is 3 different thicknesses of foam stickum tapes, and double stick clear tape...and everything is glued down, cause I'm a klutz...lol. I honestly took all the photos, except the exteriors on the work table in the middle of my shop---I just laid a sheet of silver poster board down for photos...edit, edit, edit. This way I can get on three sides to take photos and reach in
      The cooler is really attached to the back with GORILLA TAPE which is some fierce stuff. I can take the entire roof off and photo that way, as well as reach in the door with the camera---the photos through the windows are okay---just have to make sure it isn't straight on. I don't use a flash at all...Using items for other dioramas...yes and no, not with this one, but beds and chairs definitely get moved around as well as some smaller tables. Dolls seem to have personalities so some items become theirs only. Hope that helps! Sandi

      Delete
  2. Wow! Awesome job! I love the whole shop! My mini qould love to buy flowers here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks. I am beginning to sell florals in my ETSY shop as well as some minis in BarberryLane, the link is on the blog page or you, can search BarberryLane or use this---https://www.etsy.com/shop/BarberryLane. Thanks, Sandi

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.