BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Part 3: Trish's early outside of Vickie's on Sale Day!


Ad-Free Blog
Trish: Hi Barbie, welcome to the garden center so early in the morning. We just opened. 

Barbie: Hi, Trish. I wanted you to meet my friend, Denise, from my modeling days. Now she is an editor and publisher and doing a book on gals like us, and it's titled, "Where are they Now!" I told her you were a track star in college and on the short list for the Olympics until your injury. And  here you are queen of all of this!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Trish: Wow, that's very cool..and my goodness my running days were fifteen years ago already. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Denise: Nice to meet you Trish---I love your garden center and your little shop is adorable. 

Trish: Thanks, the shop is misleading, my workspace is huge behind this quaint facade. We are a full-service floral and garden center now.

Denise: How did you get started in flowers?

Trish: My family has a farm and garden center out in St. Charles. I'm third generation now into plants and garden.
But, I really love the city, so here I am.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie: Her garden center and Vickie's has revitalized this neighborhood. I'll have to take you to the GrandView which is an old hotel my aunt's company redid into condominiums and shops. We can have coffee and the most divine pastries there.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Trish: Feel free to browse, and Cam will help you with anything you might need. Denise it was so nice to meet you. I love the idea of your book, we never think we will end up where we are now... even with a family business. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Trish: I have some orders to fill, but if you have any questions I'll be back in the workroom. Laters. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Denise: Visually, this space is stunning and  right here in the middle of an old neighborhood. I  think we may have to use this for women at work issue in the magazine.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Cam: I couldn't help but over hear you talking. An editor, wow. I'm a English major, specializing in writing. and I see you have a copy of ChicChic. I love their articles online.

Denise: Why, yes, I'm an editor as well as the publisher. And, hard copy magazines are having a tough time, but we keep at it. How long have you worked here, Cam?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Cam: I just started this Spring, it's a good flexible hours job for when I start back with classes in Fall. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Billie: Hmmm, I wonder what's going on?  I have to get to painting class with these plants and set-up them up. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

(What else do I need?)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Billie: (I think I have everything?)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie: Billie is one of our local artists. She does fantastic paintings and teaches just down the street. Looks like you have something for still life?

Billie:Trish is super nice to let me return them after class! Excuse me, I gotta run!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Denise: Nice to meet you all. I had no idea this neighborhood had so much going on! I can't wait to see this Vickie's Vintage which looks like it's going to be busy.

(upstairs in Vickie's)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

EL: Well I have this gold cocktail dress, and this should fit you, Barbie. Was this what you had in mind?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie, I think so...oh my, look how crowded it is getting downstairs.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Denise: I think I have to have this dress, it's gorgeous and perfect for the Publisher's Conference key note. I have to introduce the featured speaker and she's always dressed smashing. 

Barbie: The color will look magnificent with your hair.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Denise: Can you mark that sold, please. We have an editorial meeting we can't be late for and please add that sparkly one for Barbie for her next photo shoot. It will photograph super, and put all three dresses on my tab, Denise at ChicChic. I'll be using my corporate account! I'll text you the info as soon as we get to our meeting.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie: We better get going, before more shoppers show up! Good luck, EL!

Denise: And thank you, El. We will be back after our meetings. 

EL: Great have a good day, and thanks for your business. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

EL: (Wow, we are really going to be slammed)

More on Vickie's in Part 4 coming soon!

Added Characters:

Billie (Wilhelmina): new Billie Eilish doll (room mate of EL's) in thrifted Mattel outfit. Mattel cart, plants made by me from bits and pieces.

Denise: Barbie Looks new wearing 1997 Fashion Avenue 18126.

Cam: thrifted Playline Mattel...but brand new condition. Dressed in Mattel recent mixed pieces.

Where's YOUR Favorite Place 
for your doll's to MEET!

If you enjoyed this post please follow this blog by blogger or FOLLOW IT which you will find in the upper right hand corner of this page. 


Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.


I will be sharing at these fine Parties!



All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown. Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle

Sandi







2 comments:

  1. Everything looks great Sandi! Noticed the flags in the garden center right away:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's always the details...grins, thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.