BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Vickie's Vintage Party Blow-OUT:Part TWO A Real Blow-Out!

Ad-Free Blog
Part Two: A REAL Blow OUT!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

It's not even 10 am and already crazy in Vickie's Vintage.
barbieoldnewgreenredo

Zoe: (adjusting the manikin) This dress is gorgeous. It won't last long now that it is out here!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Yara: The dress you put on the manikin is so beautiful,  but I need something less formal. Can you help me?


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Zoe: This has the same coloring, but with the lifted hemline it can be worn anytime, and it would look perfect on you!

Yara: Sold...perfect for this work awards dinner I am going to.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Downstairs more customers enter. The shoe rack overflows with summer shoes..perfect for all the dresses flying out the door.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Jaida: So many choices here. I'm so glad I stopped in. This will be the perfect neighborhood for us to start our new store.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Dresses of every color under the sun or sea!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Carly: We will be happy to hold your purchase while you continue to shop!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Yara: So many shoes...I love all the choices, I really need some new walking shoes.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I don't know which to choose though.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Look at that Mermaid skirt...so fun and shimmery!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lanise: I can't choose EVERYTHING! DARN!

Vicky: It's nice to meet you, Jaida. I hope you do a open another business in the neighborhood. The more the merrier!

Jaida: We hope to be open by Fall. I will be in touch with you, when we do! We have paperwork turned in for the last shop at the end of the block.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

There are still plenty of dresses for more customers.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

EL: How about this jumpsuit, they are very popular right now?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lanise: I just can't make up my mind!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lanise: This is a 'for sure' for Amy's wedding, now to find some shoes that will go with all three dresses! 

And it is only 11:00 am on the first day of the sale.


Carly: I'm starving Vickie. We've been here since 7 am, can Zoe and I sneak out and bring back some lunch?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Vickie: Sure, El and I can handle this, maybe no one has read their emails about the sale. Just bring me back a big shake and a salad.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Carly: Let's go grab some lunch and bring it back.

Zoe: Sure, it's quiet now that those customers are gone.

Outside the door.....


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Zoe: Uh, oh....you go get lunch, I will bring this gaggle of girls into the shop, but hurry back!

Part 3  Sooooooon...

A bit of info on the sources:
Vickies Vintage: Made by my husband and myself. New lighting is LED battery powered and one spotlight for photos. 

Fashions are almost all acquired from thrift stores, on thrifted dolls, or door prizes from online groups or from doll club. A few fashions have been purchased new. 

Dolls shown today are mostly thrifted: 
Carly was the first doll I ever ordered new (2017) was dropped and an arm recently shattered, so I did have to Ebay a used doll to replace her body with a perfect match. 

Zoe was long ago thrifted 2017 and re-bodied twice and now with the new articulated body. (She originally had flat feet-why with that gorgeous face it made no sense.)

Yara recently thrifted. I had to redoYara's hair (I think she may have been a trashed Extra doll). She got a new haircut and fluff with refreshed braids as a headband. I should have taken a before photo of this one, lol.

Lanise recently thrifted and given a haircut has the old articulated body(someone may have rebodied her?)

Jaida recently thrifted (possibly a made-to-move) She had a kids ruined strangulated straight hair, I braided her hair into four braids and wound them on top of her head. She may get a bit of makeup down the road.

El was a Mattel Looks doll purchased new when she came first came out in the series.

Have you found any great 
thrifted Dolls?

If you enjoyed this post please follow this blog by blogger or FOLLOW IT which you will find in the upper right hand corner of this page. 


Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.


I will be sharing at these fine Parties!



All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown. Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle

Sandi





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.