BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Light Fixtures for a New BMR Living Room

Ad-Free Blog

After 10 months of moving, scraping, cleaning, sorting, selling, donating, scrabbling from the basement disaster  I am simply exhausted, I'm finally able to play in my doll room...in between trying to decorate, bake, and celebrate these winter Holidays.

My No.3-Barbara Millicent Roberts---senior (I treat her at her real age of 28+64 years...lol, birthed in 1959 as an 18 year old. Gosh that makes me feel old, too.


anyway, she finally has her own spaces...starting as a bedroom and living room.
Making shelves into rooms is always a bit difficult, size wise and dealing with lighting. Here she is deciding on fabrics? with her friends.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I found two of these crazy elaborate candle 'wraps' in a thrift store...just so fun and over the top, I thought they could be made into coffee tables.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

After I set up the room, though they were too much as tables, then the idea was wow, fabulous ceiling fixtures???? for lighting. One can always use a bit of BLING on the ceiling.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Back in summer, I ordered a bunch of cheap mini-lights on Temu or Aliexpress...don't remember which.  They have really small switches. I ordered two lengths, 39" and 79" or so. After trying the short ones, I went for the longer for making the light fixtures bright.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

They are LED and very bright, I untwisted the bunch and loosened all the rings of lights.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

In my stashes of plastic pieces I had these containers (previously used as cake domes) from the dollar store. One of these fit perfectly inside the candle frame.
I put the lights inside the container and lidded it, the wire is so thin it easily fit over the edge even while the lid was on.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Threading the switch through first....up through the top and over to the side. This will be glued to the ceiling, discreetly behind each light fixture.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Wow, the plastic diffuses the light perfectly and is bright! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Back to the left is the roll of Dollar Tree double stick mounting tape I used. I put five pieces on---the frame and light is deceptively light. I have to stick this to white laminate shelving...so it should work. I also put one sticker on the switch to stick behind the light on the ceiling.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I think these are really going to make the room. It was easy to switch the lights on and off. I've had problems with the magnetic lights with remote switches sticking up anywhere, so this is another option. We will see how long they stay up. 

Since BMR just got her room on Monday, she is slowly moving in, unpacking and making more plans for bedding! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I think this layout is flexible and pretty balanced. I've been saving that etagere on the left for five years, waiting to do her room/house. I need to add windows, ceiling trim, door frames--theoretically she is in the Penthouse of the Grand View(Hotel remodeled)

Next...see that cute lamp in the corner----more lighting ideas in the next post. Those mini-lights are too much fun to quit! 

HOW DO YOU LIGHT YOUR DOLL ROOMS/HOUSES!?!

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 




 

4 comments:

  1. Catching up on Blog Reading... Loving those Ceiling Lights you found at the Chazza and repurposed, that was a killer Find to re-imagine into something to pull this fantastic Room together. Saving the one piece for 5 Years also paid off... I thought I was the only one with Patience like that when it comes to having something that I don't even use but will Keep becoz I know that eventually it's Purpose will reveal itself if I wait long enuf. Oddly, I'm impatient in so many other ways, go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,, Dawn, now that I'm old and hoarding small chit...lol, it's easier except still trying to find specific things is a chore. Maybe by the time we both have our creative spaces done and organized we should do a Face time share...lol. Thanks so much for stopping by, and I think I had those two candle things for three years, at least! I look at my 20 bins of fabric/lace/stashes, and think of you...but most will have to go for sale. Seriously online selling is pretty painless, and definitely I had a good year. Hugs, and have to see what else you visited, lol. Sandi

      Delete
  2. I work in 1/12 scale for my dollhouses; I think your light fixtures are GREAT! I always look everywhere for potential dh stuff. I recently got a clear plastic lipstick/makeup organizer that is going to be a great shelf unit--someday! Today I walked by spot lights in Wal-mart--like Lemax stuff but only with batteries. Proud of myself for resisting temptation! But it was hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, major lighting I use Ikea strip under cabinet lights...expensive, but so are batteries!

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.