BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Lighting Miscellaneous Doll Lamps and Updating an old lamp.



 Ad-Free Blog

Last post we worked on the ceiling lights. I had this adorable little lamp that came with a closet package for one of those doll companies not Mattel. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

But honestly, they make all these adorable lamps but they don't light up. So I thought I would try.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Like the last post, I'm going to use some mini lights with a mini switch from overseas. I'm using the 39" version of mini lights for this tiny lamp.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

First step with this one is to test the lights and then totally untwist them into a long string.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I've taken the base off the lamp shade---it is hollow inside.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I took some of the sticky foam tape and put two pieces around the shaft inside the shade. The idea is to hold the lights from springing out of the shade. I began with the end, and wound the entire @ 30" around the stem.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

You can see here own the wires lights are wound on the foam...worked very well.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I left one light and the wire to the switch out. Then I put a piece of foam tape on the switch box to hide for turning the light on.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

A little foam tape on the bottom of the lamp and then I mounted the switch unto the side. It will be easy to reach, but out of sight.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbara, your lamp is adorable on this chest! And I love the fabrics on the bed! 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Today, after 10 months, I found my sewing box with all my threads, pins, and sewing machine supplies---so I can make the new bedding. This bed will have  a hidden drawer underneath for storage! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Now unto the gold lamp in the living room. 

I originally made some lamps a few years ago. Directions and the basics are on 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Today is just an updated change which is more convenient than hiding a box with three batteries behind/under furniture! Upside the batteries in these are small and can easily be changed too, and you can move the lamps now from scene to scene if necessary.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

These are really simple, quick and easy for kids, too.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Fun look---even better if it is lit.

barbieoldnewgreenredo


To light these up, I used the same technique as in the first one, only with the larger shades, you can leave the switch inside the shade! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo


barbieoldnewgreenredo

On a sheer shade you could double stick tape the switch and the wires onto the post of the lamp under the shade

Happy Lamp Making!!!

I'm not really advertising---BUT, I do have tips on ordering from many of the online stores with foreign merchandise. 

Temu is by far the fastest as they have most of their merchandise on/land here in the US.  I order things in larger quantities, because most of their costs are shipping when buying onesies.  I'm sure I will go through the dozens I have received quickly. And cost wise, the shipping was minimal on buying quantities. 

Downside---you may have to wait for foreign products to arrive. I ordered most of my seasonal merchandise and project stuff in August, when shipping times were less than a month. Just a tip for your shopping! 

Hope these ideas spur your on to make your own 

Light it UP with Lamps! 

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 






6 comments:

  1. Wow your attention to Detail always slays me my Friend and that Mid-Century Livingroom Diorama is Killer, I'd Live there! *Smiles* But, I won't even tell you what I thought Ken was trying to do to Barbie in your new Holiday Banner Pix. *Bwahahaha, naughty Ken!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...that's a GI joe named JOE..and he is of course naughtier than mr. perfect--Just Ken. Thanks for stopping by, lol.

      Delete
    2. Hey, I just unpacked a bunch of Retro Mid Century Dollhouse Furnishings that I think were from 1960-1970 Era. I have no use for them and feel they'd be manhandled or have minutia lost of the tiny pieces if I put them in the Showroom. I'd like to gift them to you my Friend since I know you'd make something spectacular for Barbie and Friends with it. It's mostly Kitchen Dollhouse custom furniture with tiny little accessories that are precious. Send me a PM at RCGrose@juno.com to exchange info so I can send them to you if you would like them and could use them... okay?

      Delete
    3. I sent you an email ...from your blogger ID...thanks so much, that would be great, I've been dying to do a Bohemian Room in honor of YOU...purses maybe and all...and a skeleton and a stuffed animal. of sorts. Loved your meditation room inthe McMansion. Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. Awesome job! I really like this idea! I remember the days with the little tan plastic bureau that held the double AA batteries! Your way is so much simpler. I have thought of running a decorative trim along the front of a room that would hide the string of lights but still light the room! Have you made an aquarium yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet on the aquarium...I still don't have doll Christmas sorted, everything got so scrambled in February---I still have 50 untouched TUBS out on the back porch...! I have used IKEA strip lighting in the front edge of house and in the ceilings of the mattel homes. It's pricy, but so are batteries...which I have tried every kind of fixture and everything is imperfect. Sigh

      Delete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.