BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Celebrating Under the HFIM Christmas Tree Part 1

Ad-free Blog

It's hard to believe this is the third Christmas in the HFIM house. The 'family' has grown to include extended family and friends. Missing are Barbie and Chelsea who are in California with her sister, Mulan, who is in Beijing on sabbatical, and Elsa and Anna who have moved back to Sweden. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Zoe: Patrick, this is Gilly, our new roommate at the townhouse.
Patrick: I think I have seen you at the bar...welcome to our little group. 
Gilly: I had no idea everyone had so many friends, this is great. My mom nagged me to come home---but I have so many gals signed up for my classes, I couldn't afford to.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

The living room furniture and tree have been moved to make room for everyone. 


The HFIM cats have been banished upstairs to Chelsea's room, and...

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...the dogs to the girls' bedroom. Foofie whines, softly. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Downstairs there are just too many legs to get tangled in, 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...and nummies to get into.  

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Foofy obviously whines for the treats in-waiting.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Rory: Merry Christmas everyone. 

I'm so glad everyone could make it to the third annual HFIM house Christmas. We have twenty-five elves who added twenty-five presents under our trees tonight. Secret Santa looks to be very generous this year. Remember---not to reveal which Santa brought which present---and think of your presents as gifts from every Santa in this room. 

Many of us have jobs, keeping us from going home to our families and our own holiday traditions. I hope everyone here thinks of the person next to you as family and this house as your home.  

So, we've asked Kevin and Ken to lead in singing a few holiday songs. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Kevin (L): Let's start out with "Jingle Bells"...
Ken (R): and then slide into..."Silver Bells". 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Jeffrey: "Silver Bells" is my mom's favorite. 
Carly: My grandmother's, too. 


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Then Lara joins Dr. Ken in "The weather outside is frightful, and the fire is so delightful, since we've no place to go,.....let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Joe starts a new song, in his particularly nice baritone, "Come they told me, pa-rum-pa-pa-pum..."
Vickie:"...a new born King to see, ....


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Ryan starts with his favorite,  "I'll be home for Christmas, you can plan on me."
Richelle: "Please have snow and mistletoe...,"

barbieoldnewgreenredo

"...and presents on the tree...."

barbieoldnewgreenredo

"Christmas Eve will find me, where the love light gleams."


barbieoldnewgreenredo

"I'll be home for Christmas ....."

barbieoldnewgreenredo

"...if only in my dreams."

Rory: That was really lovely everyone! Better than our cast at the theatre. The food should be here within the hour, so how about we clear up these packages, or we won't have any place to eat.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Rory: Ian will you please be Secret Santa's helper? 
Ian: Sure, shouldn't we start with those big ones. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo


Rory: Um, Secret Santas, these two presents look rigged, and too big for our $20 limit. 
What are Stuart and Aidan, up to?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

(sounds of frantic paper ripping)


Aidan; Wow, Skateboards and two ramps---amazing what you can find in thrift stores.
Stuart: (snickers)
Rory: Take it outside guys, so we can get some more chairs in here.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Stuart: This set-up is perfect for this skinny backyard. Aidan, this was a great idea---thanks for the 'gift'. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Aidan: How far apart do they need to be, never used ramps so small before. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Dr. Ken: Don't break your necks, guys. I'm off duty tonight! (Shakes his head) I can't watch this.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Stuart: Let me try, one more time, and then you can show-off, Aidan.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Aidan: Hey Buddy, are you okay?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Stuart: I think so?. Maybe we should go sing with the rest of the gang. I'm sorta out of breath now, anyway.
Aidan: Ken said this is his first night off in two and half weeks, so glad to hear it, and best you keep your groaning to a minimum, or at least groan in tune with the music.

(to be continued) 

"I'll be home for Christmas", by lyricist Kim Gannon and composer Walter Kent. First recorded by Bing Crosby in 1943.

"Let it snow, let it snow", by lyricist Sammy Cahn and the Broadway songwriter Jule Styne in 1945. Originally recorded by Vaughn Monroe--and then everyone else, lol.

I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.


 Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 

Sharing at these fine blog parties-

Amaze Me Mondays
Over the Moon Link Party
Cooking and Crafting with JJ
Tuesdays at Our Home


Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle

Sandi






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.