BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Grand Hotel: Lara Surveys the New Construction

Ad-free Blog

Saturday, Lara pokes her head into the Hotel, 
to see the current progress.

Lara: Hello, Mr. Pitt. Is it okay if I come  in and look around?


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Russell Pitt (foreman): Sure, Miss Roberts. We just laid the subfloor, the crew is gone. I was just checking some plans for next weeks work schedule.

barbieoldnewgreenredo


Lara: Oh, WOW! This is amazing it adds almost a foot and a half to the ceiling height. And it looks like you have started on the upper level, too.

Russ: Yea, really opens up the space. We have the column supports in, also.



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: I can't get over the height difference. I don't feel like a giant anymore, even though I am tall. The bakery renter, will be ecstatic. I've signed up three tenants for these lower spaces.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Including my little office which will be here. 
Looks like I will have to do a built-in desk, and I could have a table top all the way to the window, and storage below....perfect.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Russ: We still have to reopen the atrium back wall, but all the demolition is done upstairs and downstairs. I'll take you upstairs, now that all it is all cleared.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Wow, the space looks great! I can visualize the railings. And now the floor is level with the elevator. Much better.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Russ: Yes, there will be a railing here in the hall and doors to the apartments. The 'specs' call for two glass window walls to the apartments. Those will go in at the end. Lots of glass is on order.

Lara:That will be wonderful to add natural light to the apartments.



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Somehow you got rid of the bathtub. This smaller apartment looks big now.

Russ: The subfloor goes right over it. Too much hassle to take it out, was cemented into the beams. Now, it's a good-sized space.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: This side is a bit bigger, hmmm, I will have to choose one of apartments for me, I guess I will wait and see which is leased first. The plans I saw, showed a full bath. I could put the bed here. I wonder where the closet will go?

Russ: I'm waiting for the next set of plans for the electricians and the plumbers. It's going to take some time before you see any more major progress!


barbieoldnewgreenredo


Lara: Well, I'm impressed with the space.


Russ: Stop in anytime you see lights on, I'm usually here late to plan for the next day's work. Monday the electricians begin and Wednesday the plumbers will start. Tomorrow, my guys begin on the atrium back wall. Original 1892 plans filed with the city--show an unusual space behind there, so we will do an exploratory.


barbieoldnewgreenredo


Lara:I never thought of this building as an archaeology site. But, I suppose it is. Thanks so much for the tour. I hope to see you next week. 

Please join me at the following posts on the Grand Hotel Project: 
Hotel Project:Sindy's big Decision, part1
Hotel Project:Sindy's big Decision, part2
Hotel Project: Men at Work



I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.




 Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 

Sharing at these fine blog parties-

Celebrate Your Story
Vintage Charm
Tuesdays at our Home
Inspire Me Tuesday
Happiness is Homemade



Thank you for your cooperation, 
Sandi Magle





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.