BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Hotel Project: Sindy's Big Decision Part 1

AD-free Blog

Lara shows Sindy(Katniss doll) and Barbie the new neighborhood project---turning the OLD Grand Hotel into retail and apartments. It's been empty for over 15 years. (This will be a great REDO)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: I've walked on the otherside of the street from this boarded up building for the last four years. It's spooky!
Barbie: I bet it was gorgeous when it was built.
Lara: It was built in 1892, and well, it won't be spooky for long. The cafe area would be perfect for a mini bakery, Sindy.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy:Lots of stuff still in there...nice windows, the ones that aren't boarded up.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: BMR has great plans for this space. Demolition has already started, so walk carefully

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie: Oh, my! Um, it's really ripped apart.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: It has been empty for a long time---naturally it needs work.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: Wow, this ceiling is really low.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: The reconstruction will lower the floors.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: But, I can touch the ceiling here, and it's sagging.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara:There are lots of fixtures available in here--and in the basement. I wish you could see the kitchen, it's almost complete.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Look at this----Drywall just went up here---the door to the kitchen could be put either place.

Sindy: How big is the kitchen? 

Lara: It's a long galley 9 foot wide by the whole depth of the building. The specs say there are four ovens and some other equipment. I'm sorry you can't see it today, since they put up the wall this week, and haven't cut out the door.




barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: This other side is almost done---and already rented for a beauty parlor. You will have a steady stream of people coming in all day. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

This is just what the neighborhood needs, stable businesses in a beautiful classic setting. And, women owned! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I will be managing the BMR office from right here, and I'm first on the list for one of the apartments.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: And, Sindy,  a window will be here, you could put a built-in-booth in here that would be very cozy. I can see us all having latte's here.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: What about this space and these columns?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: This is going to be an open atrium to the skylight. Upstairs will be large windows overlooking this public space. Planters and seating are planned. The columns will hold up the new second floor extensions.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Barbie: Oh, won't that be just gorgeous---so 1892....I can see ferns and stained glassed windows or at least paneled windows.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara:Richelle is working on the renditions for the advertising. But, our goal at BMR is to have all the spaces leased so we don't have to advertise. So, you save by leasing early. Advertising is very expensive.

barbieoldnewgreenredo
Barbie: BMR is really hopping, Lara. You are doing a great job. This will be a great little office.
barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: I really don't need much room, most of my work is face-to-face. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: This banquette is awfully low? So much seems out of proportion.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: It's a great opportunity. Um, golly! I just got the letter that my food truck permit didn't come through, but I'm on the waiting list for 2021. That's so long to wait, but this is a big step!


barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: The other side looks great. How long before this space will be ready and how much time do I have to think about it?

Lara: We have time. Construction will be a few months at least. You could sign a letter of intent, and then sign a lease when the space is further along. Why don't we go upstairs Barbie, and let Sindy think about it. Feel free to look around, Sindy. We will be upstairs.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Sindy: This is a really big decision. I could get established and then hopefully open the food truck in 2021 or if I ever get a permit. Hm-m-m???



(story to be continued)

Please join me on the Grand Hotel DIY/Redo posts, here:
Hotel Project Part 2
Demolition: Men at Work
Grand Hotel:Lara surveys Progress
Tutorial:Grand Hotel Demolition
Grand Hotel: Grand Hotel Demolition Secret




I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.



 Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 

Sharing at these fine blog parties-

Happiness is Homemade



Thank you for your cooperation, 
Sandi Magle





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.