BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO--JUST A GRANNY HAVING FUN WITH DOLLS< DIORAMAS STORIES AND DIY

BARBIEOLDNEWGREENREDO

Hearts at the Patisserie


Ad-Free Blog
Sindy's Patisserie has been stocking up for the busy Valentines' Week. 



barbieoldnewgreenredo

Our window is full of Hearts and strawberries, raspberry cakes and tasty cookies. Perfect to share with your loved one---or send to a loved one.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Despite the cold temperatures, many patrons stop by for a 'nosh' and some hot coffee or cocoa. We are excited because Chicago is slowly lifting restrictions, and soon Sindy's will be serving inside.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Luckily the neighborhood has supported our shop through the Pandemic. We are now almost a whole year old. Breads and rolls are still the staple, but sweets are definitely a treat for all those who have been locked in.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

My favorites are the Danish Kringle with cherry or raspberry filling, and the chocolate cherry mini-cakes.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Our whip cream cakes are always great sellers and a treat for any occasion.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lots of boxes are ready, and dishes are ready for serving in the shop! We will have hot tea, coffee and cocoa, along with chilled bottle beverages. We will have safe seating for 2 groups in the shop and lobby.


barbieoldnewgreenredo

So come visit Sindy's Patisserie. We are taking orders for your Valentine gifts and treats to take home. Our Red Velvet Hearts on a Danish comes in three sizes, perfect for family's or your special loved ones. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Please get your orders in early, by phone or online at SindysPatisserie.com. 
 Holiday Store hours this week 7am-8pm for your convenience. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Time to turn out the lights, and see you soon!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Thanks for Visiting Sindy's! 

Who, What, and Where!

Sindy: Hunger Games 2012-13

Diorama: inside the Grand View (redone Mattel Grandview Hotel). 

Counter cabinet: redone Mattel bottom, wired with mini lights and plastic front, top is an acrylic lipstick holder for the single serving deserts.

Bakery Cabinet: acrylic shelf with a clear (grocery plastic) cover on cardboard box base. Holds all the bakery boxes.

Bakery boxes: cut from 2 sided cardstock and assembled with double stick tape.

Wall cabinet: altered Melissa and Doug box (thrift store) with tilted shelves added.

Clear trays: mini single serving snack trays Dollar store

Flooring: home printed copies of real tiles on pinterest
Bakery Trays: Cardboard covered with silver sticky papers and with paper doily cuttings.

Minis: are collected from here and there, many brands.

Bakery: made by me from polymer clay, Mattel, and rubbery erasers from a variety of sources. 
 
Coffee Pot tray in window: Painted ornament found in thrift store. 


Thanks for viewing and feel free to ask me any questions or inquiries, and I will get back to you. 






 

6 comments:

  1. It reads like a fun commercial Sandi! Everything looks great and I wouldn't mind a nosh or two to go with my morning coffee! Glad to hear your area is slowly opening back up, things have been rough... Happy Valentine's Week:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn. I was thinking it would be a video for her online business! Hopefully openings won't increase infections. Hubby gets his shot tomorrow. I maybe another two weeks, then we can see the Grandgirl! YAY! A whole year out of the life of your grandchild is really the worst. But we are fortunate! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. Hi, Linda. I thought I would take some photos with it sort of empty. I have to replace the lighting, which means tearing it all down first. Hugs, enjoy your Valentine's Day! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing your bakery; recognized some of the erasers; I bought some for my 1/12 scale dollhouse people!My first minis 35 years ago were "pastries" made with Meow Mix cat food, glitter, and red seed beads. Imagine my dismay when I came back several years later to find only the glue/glitter shell of the pastry as bugs had devoured the cat food. NOW I use Fimo or coat stuff with a clear spray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TLMAO....um, yep on the catfood. Bugs like lots of things...lol, like baby's breath flowers which we used to use on crafty everything. I've been using brush on sealers, which I hope is enough! Hugs, and thanks for the visit! Sandi

      Delete
  4. Sandi...you are AMAZING!!! I didn't look at this post with the idea of "figuring it all out." Instead, I looked at it as a real place with real food and, I might I say...everything is exceptional! It all looks so real! I'm tempted to say that a child would have a field day alone with your amazing dioramas....but as an adult, I'd be alongside next to them playing all day too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for each and every comment, and I will try and answer any questions you may have.